WORKING PATTERN: 35 Hours per week (8:00 am - 3:30 pm) Term-time + 10 days
SALARY: Grade 6 Points 27-31 (£24,657 rising to £28,221) pro-rata ((£21,659 -£24,789 actual)
The Governors of this school are seeking to appoint an experienced innovative, effective and highly motivated professional Examinations Officer to be responsible for the administration, organisation and smooth running of all public and internal examinations at the school.
This is an important and busy role and you will be required to work efficiently and accurately. You will be responsible for managing and training a team of examination invigilators, ensuring all students are entered for the correct examinations with the appropriate access arrangements in place and for correct exam timetables being created and disseminated. You will also ensure the school is fully compliant with all public examination board requirements.
We are a very a successful leading Catholic 11 – 16 High School with 900 students on roll. We have a strong record of examination success leading in recent years to a number of national awards. We are located in Didsbury, often voted as one of the most popular places to live in Manchester, which has excellent transport links to Manchester City Centre and surrounding areas.
• Have previous experience in the administration of national examinations according to JCQ regulations
• Have knowledge of the national examinations system and Assessment recording and reporting.
• Have excellent IT skills including MS Office, particularly Excel
• Have working knowledge of SIMS or other MIS systems.
• Have the ability to pay attention to detail
• Possess excellent communication skills, being able to communicate with colleagues, students and parents/careers.
• Be able to work to tight deadlines, prioritise workload and keep calm under pressure
• Have the ability to work as part of a team.
• Be pro-active with the ability to act on your own initiative
In return, we will offer you 25 days annual leave entitlement (rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service), access to the local government pension scheme and the opportunity to further your professional development in a supportive and friendly environment
If this sounds like the job for you then come and join us.
Please visit our website http://www.thebarlowrchigh.co.uk for an application pack
Completed applications should returned to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the post title, reference and your name in the subject line of the email.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 8 am Monday 14th January 2019
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment.
An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.