The Moorland Federation, Exmoor
Salary: Leadership group 3, point 18 to point 24
Full Time, Permanent
Start date: January 2022 (earlier start possible)
Apply by: Noon, 16 September 2021
The Moorland Federation is made up of five good first schools in the heart of Exmoor in West Somerset. Our federation comprises VC, VA and Community schools, and we value highly the distinctiveness this brings, as well as the schools’ centrality to each of their village communities.
Our clergy and church family are very much part of our federation’s life; we are committed to welcoming children of all faiths and none, and to providing them all with the best opportunity to develop their spirituality.
We believe in promoting the development of children in a rounded complete way; personally, socially and spiritually, as well as academically, and we work closely with all stakeholders to achieve this – we are always ‘Growing together; learning for life.’
Our 300+ pupils come from Exmoor and the surrounding area.
We are seeking an Executive Headteacher to:
- Provide inspirational and motivational leadership across the federation.
- Maintain a focus on improving the quality and consistency of teaching and learning assessment and feedback across all the schools.
- Ensure that all the benefits of technological innovation and new ways of learning are available to our staff and children whichever school they attend.
- Promote our inclusive ethos and our schools’ Christian and Community values.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Has excellent leadership and organisational skills, and a solutions-focused approach.
- Has the ability to lead curriculum development to ensure a varied and excellent education that enables pupils in all the schools to develop a broad range of skills, interests and wellbeing.
- Is able to articulate a clear vision and implement plans for development based on a strong understanding of the federation’s existing strengths and areas for development.
- Is an outstanding practitioner with the ability to motivate and support staff to maintain and improve excellent teaching which results in substantial pupil progress.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to continue to develop our federation and to be supported in your own development
- The opportunity to collaborate with all the schools in the West Somerset Opportunity Area to realise its commitment to seamless education from 0 to 19.
- A unique opportunity to live and work in one of the most beautiful areas of England, with our five schools all situated in Exmoor National Park
For further information and to apply please visit https://dasjobs.co.uk/job/executive-headteacher-13/
Completed applications to SSERecruitment@somerset.gov.uk
Closing date: noon, 16 September 2021
Interviews: 23 &24 September 2021
The Moorland Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring check is required before the post can be taken up as well as up to four satisfactory references covering the last five years.
The Moorland Federation
- English primary schools