Are you an aspiring leader of education seeking a new challenge? Do you have a strong track record of leading school improvement in a secondary education setting? Are you a transformative leader who can inspire and motivate school leaders?
If so, we are seeking to appoint a passionate and inspirational Executive Headteacher for Secondary to oversee standards and provision within our family of secondary schools in Kent.
This role is suited to an ambitious professional who is interested in working with students from diverse communities in some of the region’s most challenging schools. The successful candidate will join the Executive Team and report to the Director of Secondary in leading the raising of standards across our growing family of schools.
Swale Academies Trust is a medium sized multi academy trust, consisting of 10 primary schools as well as 9 secondary schools across Kent and East Sussex, which are either supported by, or part of the Trust. We pride ourselves on our track record of school improvement and have a flourishing matrix of networks that offer effective system leadership at all levels.
Swale Academies Trust is looking for an Executive Headteacher who will be able to demonstrate:
- A highly successful record of secondary Headship in a school in challenging circumstances
- The ability to inspire and motivate teams as well as lead by example
- A strong understanding of school improvement
- Strong leadership that consistently strives to gain the best for each and every student
- Excellent communication skills
- Challenge and support in equal measure
- An ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to set and deliver aspirational targets and high quality provision for all of our students
- Forward, progressive thinking
- Clarity of vision for the Trust’s future development
- Drive and ambition, ensuring a sustainable network to support leaders and schools
The post attracts a six figure salary and a relocation package.
If you are highly motivated and resilient and want to make a real impact, this could be the role for you.
Recruitment packs and applications forms are available online – www.swaleacademiestrust.org.uk. Applications should be accompanied by a CV and a letter (maximum 2 sides of A4) setting out how your experience to date meets the requirements set out in the person specification. Please note CVs will not be considered unless accompanied by an application form.
Swale Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date for applications: 24th April 2019 (noon)
Interviews to be held on 29th April 2019
For an informal discussion about the role please contact:
Derek Trimmer, Director of Secondary – email@example.com
mobile: 07539 410904
Jon Whitcombe, Trust Principal and CEO – firstname.lastname@example.org
mobile: 07947 247447
Applications to be sent to: Trust HR Team – email@example.com
telephone: 01795 426091 option 3