Rawmarsh Nursery School and Children's Centre
Arnold Nursery School and Children's Centre
This is a unique opportunity for a leader who is dynamic, caring and passionate about making a difference to the educational and wider lives of the children and families of Rotherham.
The settings officially Federated under one Governing Body in January 2020 under our current Executive Leader who is retiring at the end of August 2021.
We are very proud of our nurseries and children’s centres and are fully committed to ensuring that the new leader has the skills, knowledge and understanding to continue the outstanding provision at both settings.
At Rawmarsh the offer includes an outstanding daycare and outstanding nursery school. At Arnold the school is outstanding and includes a designated children centre working closely with early Help to ensure the needs of families are met.
We succeed in meeting and often exceeding expectations not least because we know, understand and embrace the notion that everything we do can be improved. Our continuous, gradual, unending improvement philosophy underpins out commitment to providing excellent education with care, in a stimulating, clean and safe environment. (Peter Gerrard, Executive Headteacher)
Governors are looking for someone who:
- Recognises the unique nature of this post and build on the many successes and outstanding judgements.
- Can continue to motivate and energise the team with enthusiasm and dedication
- Is an outstanding leader who is creative, enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative
- Is focussed on continuous improvement
- Has the skills and expertise to work with all stakeholders across both settings in the schools and in the children’s centres.
- Will continue the vision and ethos of the Federation.
- Understands the importance of working across multi agencies to support the whole family and is dedicated to improving the lives of children and families.
The successful candidate will find:
- a dedicated, talented and committed staff team;
- a supportive governing body with a wide range of experience, who work in close partnership with the schools and children’s centres;
- opportunities to further develop professional and leadership skills.
Our most recent Nursery School Ofsted Inspections (November 2017 and March 2020) Reports said:
(Rawmarsh November 2017) “You have not been complacent, you have continued to raise the bar and to improve the nursery further….. You and your staff form a strong and dedicated team, determined to provide the very best possible start for children and their families. The vast majority of children start with you with levels of development below those typically seen for their age. Excellent teaching is ensuring that almost all children leave Rawmarsh Nursery with skills and abilities at or above those typically seen, ensuring that they are very well prepared for their transition into Reception.”
(Arnold March 2020) “The start to school life children get at Arnold Nursery School is exceptional…. Leaders plan a curriculum that helps children to be the best they can be…. Children cannot wait for the school doors to open…. They are never sure what exciting experiences await them…. From the moment children start school, adults set a good example in kindness and care for others.”
If you are excited by this unique post, then Governors want to hear from you. Interested applicants are welcome to visit by appointments (in accordance with COVID rules). Please contact Peter Gerrard, current Executive Headteacher for an informal chat and appointment to visit on 01709 828983 to make an appointment.
Our websites can be found at:
Closing date is 12noon on Friday 5th February 2021.
Completed application forms should be returned to Dawn Jenkinson, Clerk to Governors at Dawn.Jenkinson@RANSF.School
Shortlisting will take place on 8th February and interviews will take place on 18th and 19th February 2021
Rawmarsh & Arnold Nursery Schools Federation