Term Time Only + 10 days
36 hours per week, Monday to Friday
We are looking for an experienced PA to work closely with the Head at Brighton Girls School.
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure that the Head is fully supported in all aspects of their work, including confidential matters
- Maintain the Head's diary, book appointments, receive visitors and provide preparatory support
- Arrange and attend meetings, produce agendas, provide refreshments, take notes and produce minutes and action points
- Respond to, manage and ensure timely resolution to complaints and queries from parents and/or the community
- Provide HR Support in all matters from vacancy advertising to issuing contracts, submitting timesheets, liaising with agencies, ensuring paperwork is completed and maintaining sickness and annual leave records
- Maintain a file of all school policies and advise the Head when they are due for review or to be updated
- Coordinate the collection, entry and extraction of data required to complete statutory returns
- Support the Head and leadership team with the organisation of professional development days and school wide events and ensure meetings are organised efficiently
- Ensure regular communications between the school and parents are forthcoming and informative
The successful candidate will have previous experience as a PA and will be flexible and able to adapt to changing requirements.
You will be professional in your approach to all aspects of the role, extremely well-organised, a team player and competent with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and databases.
Why join Brighton Girls?
With the arrival of Rosie McColl in January 2020, the school has embarked on an exciting new chapter and a period of rapid change. A new development is underway, which will create innovative working spaces within the school's iconic buildings and enhanced green spaces around the Montpelier site.
As a founding school of the Girls' Day School Trust, Brighton Girls already has a significance in the history of girls' education and this new vision aims to build on this in unique ways which will see the fusion of the classroom and the community. Drawing on the school's location in the heart of the city of Brighton and Hove, the school's identity is eclectic, enterprising, and creative as the city itself. New city partnerships are flourishing. Our girls are bright and independent; they are resilient and not afraid to take risks; they have strong social consciences and enjoy learning - all of which make for a dynamic, and energising, working environment.
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further details about this opportunity and to apply please click the apply button.
Applications should be submitted by 9am on 5th March 2021 at the latest.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview which are likely to take place during the week commencing 8th March 2021.
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.
Brighton and Hove