Islamia Primary School (established on 1983) is a two form entry faith based voluntary-aided school situated in North West London. We are a consistently ‘Good’ school aspires to be nothing short of excellent in all aspects of school life and we work hard to nurture and produce a generation that contributes positively to the wider community
The school is seeking to appoint a self-motivated, dynamic and confident individual to the post of Admissions Administrator. Our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation.
We can offer:
· Genuinely committed, hard-working, friendly staff.
· The opportunity to work strategically with the Office Manager and SLT.
· Excellent facilities: own desk, computer, and telephone line.
· Commitment to staff well being and personal development.
- The Admissions Administrator will maintain the whole school’s admission register on SIMS Database.
- Ranking of applications using the Synergy system.
- Respond to requests from prospective parents through phone calls, website and registration forms as required.
- The Admissions Administrator will make parents aware of information available on website.
- Keep required forms up to date on website.
- Updating all admissions policies / forms.
- Register children’s applications to the school entering on the data base.
- The Admissions Administrator will maintain the lists of children due to join the school, up dating as required.
- Acknowledge receipt of registrations and pass information to the School Office Manager and SLT as required.
- Acknowledge receipt of withdrawals confirming rolling notice where applicable and inform Office Manager and SLT.
- The Admissions Administrator will maintain the appointments diary for prospective parents liaising with Head’s PA as required.
- The Admissions Administrator will keep a register of the take up of registrations from those parents shown round the school.
- The Admissions Administrator will alert SLT of vacancies in school and potential trends in gaps or waiting lists in specific year groups.
- Issue letters offering places, and follow up regarding acceptances.
- Keep accurate lists of places offered, accepted, deferred etc so that current status of applications is easily checked
- Produce and send out information booklets for new pupils, and invite them to come in for a school tour.
- Liaise with prospective parents ongoing regarding waiting lists, responding to queries as required.
- The Admissions Administrator will maintain waiting lists for each year of the school
- Organise Open Mornings with other admin staff.
- Liaising with independent Appeals Panel.
- Liaising with Brent Admissions Department.
- Conducting admissions consultations (if required).
- Undertake a range of admin tasks when required.
We are looking for someone who:
· Has previous experience in admissions data, ranking and referrals (Experience of using Synergy preferred)
· Will run the whole admissions process of the school.
· Has an understanding of how a school is managed.
· Committed to working with children and their families.
· Has good interpersonal skills and the ability to support colleagues.
· Has a clear telephone manner.
· Can work strategically with staff.
· Can be a positive role model.
· A confident user of IT software,
· Respectful of the school’s ethos
· Ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
All applicants will be asked for:
· An enhanced DBS check
· References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before the interview
If you are interested in this role, please email email@example.com
Hours: 3 days
Closing Date: 9am on Friday 18th October 2019
Interview Date: w/c 28th October 2019