Applications are now open to qualified educators who are committed to the ideals of Catholic schools and possess the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications - including evidence of successfully passing the Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education Students
- Appropriate qualities, knowledge and skills to provide a relevant and holistic education
The successful applicant will demonstrate a deep commitment to providing quality Catholic education and learning based on a personal faith as well as be a highly trained and qualified professional with significant experience in the provision of high quality educational programs. You will have well developed organisational skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; the ability to work well in a team, as well as the ability to work independently.
A number of generous incentives are available to the successful applicants (based on location) which include:
- Subsidised Housing
- Area allowances
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive salary structure for Teaching staff
- Access to additional Employer Superannuation Contributions of up to 12.75%
- Access to salary packaging options to maximize employee benefits and salaries
- 39 weeks of term time for a school year
- Access to relevant and interesting professional learning opportunities
- Access to a free Employee Assistant Program (24-hour counselling service)
- Access to corporate health schemes with either Bupa of Westfund Health Insurance
- Excellent leave entitlements to suit various situations
- $500 travel subsidy
Catholic Education in the Diocese of Rockhampton’s Primary and Secondary Graduate Teacher Scholarship Program offers an opportunity to secure an early offer of employment in schools identified as high priority within the Diocese of Rockhampton.
Scholarships of $3200 are available to high-achieving pre-service teachers who demonstrate professional knowledge, professional practice and professional engagement, support Catholic ethos and mission and are eligible for employment as a teacher in the semester following graduation. For more information and to apply, please visit Graduate Teacher Applications
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer.
Our schools exist not to be different, but to make a difference.