Position: Middle School Teacher
Commencing Date: Term 1, 2021
Salary Range: $73,629 - $106,045 (pending experience)
Classification: Full Time, 1 Year Contract
Closing Date: Friday, 15th January 2020 unless filled prior
St Teresa's College, Abergowrie is a Catholic secondary boy's boarding college. Located in an ideal rural setting in the heart of the Herbert River Valley, the College is approximately 30 km north west of Ingham and situated on Warrgamay land. The main industries are sugarcane, forestry, and cattle. Abergowrie is close to Wallaman Falls which is the highest single drop waterfall in Australia and the beautiful Broadwater National Park.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
St Teresa's College has a number of opportunities available for Dedicated and Enthusiastic Middle School Teachers (Teaching years 7 to 10) across a variety of subject areas. These positions will be Full Time, Contract positions for the duration of the 2021 teaching year.
Applicants that have experience in Boys' Education, boarding school environments or working in a rural/remote area are highly desirable.
To join in this vibrant school community, you'll need
- Innovative, proactive and flexible approach to student learning
- Established knowledge of, and experience in, curriculum initiatives
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication and collaboration with students, parents and staff
- Current Queensland College of Teaching Registration or ability to obtain before the commencement
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive Salary Range: $73,629 - $106,045 (pending experience)
- Salary packaging options
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- Well-being programs and initiatives
Please see Position Description for further information about teaching in Catholic Education.
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Complete the application form
- Attach a written cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experiences to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Applications close Friday, 15th January 2020 unless filled prior.
To find out more about the Region visit:
Diocese of Townsville Catholic Education