Applications are invited for the full-time post of EYFS/ Key Stage 1 Teacher at Surbiton High Girls’ Preparatory Schools. The successful post-holder will be a Form Tutor within Key Stage 1 or Reception for the 2021/22 academic year.
The School has a warm and caring atmosphere where pupils can flourish; we put great emphasis on the personal development of each individual. The School is also strong in academic achievement; we achieve good results with our students in all subjects and have many pupils of above average ability who are highly motivated and achieve excellent outcomes. The School is highly committed to developing the staff on the team, ensuring that they are supported, encouraged to progress with their careers and empowered to lead on projects within the school environment.
As an Apple distinguished school, Surbiton High School is well placed to combine innovative approaches and blended techniques, alongside traditional pedagogy.
Job Purpose: To inspire, encourage and empower our pupils to achieve their very best, and provide an environment where pupils develop academically and socially in an independent and self-confident way
Tenure: Permanent, Full-Time
- To teach all subjects as required to a class of pupils, undertaking all of the duties expected of a class teacher.
- To provide inspiring educational opportunities for all pupils.
- To be a passionate teacher who is inspired by the opportunity to bring learning to life in the classroom.
- To be committed to academic excellence and develop and implement programmes of study to ensure that each pupil develops at a good pace, fully understanding the spectrum of ability within the class, delivering lessons of a high and challenging pitch, which are skillfully scaffolded for those who may need it.
- To teach any required subjects to other groups and classes, as reasonably required.
- To maintain a good up-to-date knowledge of the Key Stage 1/EYFS curriculum and assessment
- To care deeply about every pupil in the School, getting to know their personalities and supporting them to be the best that they can be, taking responsibility for their welfare and social well-being.
- To be prepared to take on the role of Form Tutor, which will encompass academic, pastoral and administrative responsibilities. Tutors have oversight of their pupils’ general well-being and academic progress, and they are the first point of contact for parents.
- To take an active role in developing skills, behaviours and attributes which contribute to ongoing learning, as well as benefitting the children and the School.
- To maintain good order and discipline amongst pupils and be active in implementing the School’s policies for rewards and sanctions.
- To attend formal parents’ evenings and maintain effective communication with parents, as appropriate.
- To support colleagues as necessary and cooperatively to work as part of a team, attending all meetings and INSET.
- To undertake duties before, during and after school as required.
- To participate in co-curricular school activities, including clubs.
- To carry out any such duties as may be reasonably requested.
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- Good Honours degree
- A postgraduate teaching qualification
- Evidence of further relevant professional development
- A good up-to-date knowledge of the EYFS curriculum and Key Stage 1 curriculum
- The ability to inspire, motivate and support pupils and colleagues
- Experience of teaching the national curriculum at EYFS and KS1
- A proven track record of delivering on academic performance both in terms of attainment and progress
- High levels of personal and professional integrity and an ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Personal warmth to gain the confidence of pupils, staff and parents
- Ability to communicate concisely and sensitively, both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences.
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic approach to life.
- Committed to Surbiton High School’s ethos and strategic vision
Please apply online by clicking on the following:
Closing date for application: 8:00am, Monday 1 March 2021
Interviews to be held week commencing: 8 March 2021
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Surbiton High Prep Schools are culturally diverse and are fully committed to celebrating, respecting and learning about inclusion and diversity throughout the community.
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
Where support is better shared United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.
Surbiton High Girls' Preparatory School
Kingston upon Thames
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Girls school with students of age 4 - 11 years
Surbiton High School aims to inspire, encourage and empower its staff and pupils to be the very best they can be.
We are a school where a passion and energy abound, a school with a real heart and soul, where we look beyond the A* to offer a breadth o...