We wish to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic colleague, who will play a leading role in the development of Literacy for 2 to 6 years old children.
Avenor Nursery School is part of Avenor College, educating Romanian leaders of tomorrow from Nursery (2) to High School (18). The Nursery School has been rated by BSO as ‘Outstanding’, and offers both a wonderful family-type education for the children, but also a place where teachers themselves can grow significantly.
The Nursery School nurtures children from age 2 to 6 years old, it is based on the Early Years Foundation Stage British framework, delivered entirely in English, with an extended day to include a rich and diverse set of curricular as well as co-curricular activities. We are proud of our child-centred approach to learning, and we are in the process of moving from a well-established Nursery School in the city centre to join the Avenor Greenfield Campus together with Primary School, Middle School and High School. Being together in this wonderful campus in the north of the city will increase many aspects of the educational journey for the children.
We seek an exceptional person for an exceptional school and we would welcome applicants who will meet the following mandatory requirements:
• Relevant Early Years degree or PGCE with QTS;
• Motivated to develop schemes of work and ensure that Literacy is central to the EYFS curriculum and co-curricular experience;
• Committed to inspire trust and confidence in children, parents and colleagues, seconded by the ability to offer Literacy-focused CPD to colleagues;
• 2 years or more experience as an EYFS teacher is UK-based or international schools, available from August 2020.
• In-depth subject knowledge including assessment for learning;
• Able to engage and challenge children by co-creating a stimulating learning experience;
• Promoter of the wider aspirations and values of Avenor College;
We value the following soft skills, so the professionals who wish to take on this role should demonstrate:
• A people-oriented attitude by building positive relationships, being good a team player and a good team builder, being an excellent listener, being fair and consistent;
• A positive outlook in all aspects of school life;
• The ability to be a good role model who leads by example;
• A high level of cultural sensitivity and the ability to treat all the members of the Avenor community with equity, regardless of nationality or background;
• A capacity for hard, organised and prepared work complimented by an increased level of resilience;
• A healthy lifestyle;
• Interest and constant practice in their own personal development;
• A commitment to learning.
• An attractive salary package;
• An initial two-year contract term with annual renewal thereafter;
• A maximum child - teacher ratio of 1:10;
• Continuous professional development opportunities;
• A maximum duration of each lesson of 30 minutes;
• A well-equipped and friendly working environment, alongside a motivated team of professionals;
• A great team spirit.
• Ensure that your application form includes the names of at least three referees with their current telephone numbers and email addresses;
• Include a covering letter explaining your strengths, your reasons for wanting to work at Avenor College and a short statement outlining your educational beliefs;
• Browse our extensive bilingual website for a clear overview of the school (You can also find us on Facebook and Instagram to get a flavour of the Avenor ethos);
• Contact us for further information prior to applying.
Please be aware we take very seriously our duty of care towards all our students; as part of our safeguarding procedures we will undertake rigorous checks with referees and you will be required to provide an updated enhanced DBS together with an updated ICPC.
By submitting your CV to our registration addresses, you give us your explicit consent for processing your data only for the purposes imposed by the labour legislation.
• Closing date: applications will be considered on receipt;
• First-round interviews will be conducted via Zoom;
• Final interviews for shortlisted candidates will be individually arranged.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 19 years