Role: EYFS Teacher
Location: Avanti Meadows Primary School, Bishop’s Stortford North
Contract: Part Time (0.6FTE)
Could you be our new EYFS Teacher for September 2020?
Avanti School’s Trust are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated EYFS Teacher to join our vibrant brand new school in September 2020.
This is a unique opportunity to help lay the foundations of a brand new, state of the art innovative school, which is shaped by three key elements for both pupils and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Development of spiritual insight
One of the many positive features of our schools is the harmonious ethos in which excellent relationships exist and where children are impressively well behaved and love learning.
Our high expectations and clarity of vision and purpose ensures that everyone knows what we need to do to ensure the very best opportunities and experiences for our learners.
We are looking for someone who is:
• an inspirational, passionate and enthusiastic EYFS teacher;
• committed to school improvement and to the development of learning for all;
• analytical and visionary;
• able to show commitment to enhancing the school's ethos;
• an excellent EYFS teacher who can be a role model for others with a deep knowledge of the curriculum and;
• committed to their own professional development;
• an excellent communicator and has outstanding organisational and interpersonal skills;
• a willingness to grow with the new school under the guidance and support of a Head of School and Executive Principal.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate an excellent track record of excellent/outstanding teaching ability, excellent understanding of the EYFS framework and be thoroughly committed to equal opportunities and inclusion.
We are able to offer:
• a strong vision of educational excellence, character formation and spiritual insight;
• enthusiastic, motivated and friendly pupils;
• a committed and motivated staff team;
• professional development with high expectations that everyone learns, grows and achieves;
• a hardworking team of professionals who are encouraged to have high expectations;
• development opportunities as the school grows.
Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. In making your application, it is essential you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people to Avanti Schools Trust and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks. The successful candidate will be required to sign the application declaration and GDPR declaration on appointment.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of all our staff.
The closing date for receipt of applications is midday Friday 27th March 2020.
Application forms can be downloaded at www.avanti.org.uk/careers and must be submitted by the closing date above to email@example.com once fully completed.