Post: Early Years Foundation Stage Teacher (Nursery)
School: Southey Green Primary School & Nurseries
Start Date: February 2021
Salary: Main Scale to UPS
Southey Green is a large three form entry primary school with two nurseries in north Sheffield (Group Size 4, NOR: 736). Following the OFSTED inspection in March 2016 Southey Green is proud to say that it is a ‘GOOD’ school.
Southey Green Primary school is a Member of Tapton School Academy Trust. The Trust have a shared vision to ‘realise the life chances and dreams of every child’. Our mission is to provide a safe place to be, provide great teaching and learning and create an environment where all opportunities are within reach. Membership provides a range of opportunities for collaborative working and continuing professional development with a network of secondary and primary schools within the locality.
Due to an increase in numbers within our Nursery, we require an additional Early Years teacher to work alongside our Nursery manager. They must believe passionately in creating an outstanding learning environment and opportunities to ensure all children achieve and make the best possible progress. Applicants must have a desire to create an engaging curriculum, full of learning experiences that pupils will love and remember! NQT’s are welcome to apply for this post.
You will need to:
• Have an excellent understanding of EYFS
• Demonstrate and consistently deliver ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ teaching
• Be able to work within a busy environment and as part of a large team
• Have high expectations of every child enabling them to make exceptional progress
• Have excellent organisational and communication skills
• Share in our vision for realising the life chances and dreams of every child
We can offer you:
• A vibrant learning opportunity with a team who are committed to great teaching and learning for all its pupils
• Children who love learning and want to achieve
• A well-resourced and stimulating environment
• An established MAT of schools which shares and builds on effective practice
• A great place to work where colleagues are valued and receive high quality support with rich learning and development opportunities
If you are ready for such a challenge then please click below to apply today. To speak about the position in more detail feel free to contact the school.
Application forms can be obtained from the Community/Jobs page on our school website.
Completed applications should be returned to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 15th January 2021
Interviews will be held on: Monday 25th January 2021
• Please do not complete a Sheffield City Council application for this post
• References for short-listed candidates will be requested before the interview
• Successful applicants will be required to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure Check
Southey Green Primary School and Nurseries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the interests of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
References for short-listed candidates will be requested before the interview.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Southey Green Community Primary School and Nurseries