Lancasterian School is an outstanding special school for pupils with a physical disability, complex medical needs, sensory impairments (Hearing and/or visual impairment), complex speech and language difficulties requiring augmentative and alternative communication (AAC). There are currently 108 pupils that attend from EYFS to16yrs.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a Permanent Teacher (1 SEN point ) Required for 3rd September 2018
We require a skilled and motivated teacher to join our dedicated team. The suitable candidate to this post will be able to teach pupils with a learning disability and associated needs. An interest in teaching EYFS pupils is desirable but not essential. You will teach several areas of the curriculum. You will be responsible for co-ordinating the whole school development of an area of the curriculum. SEN experience is desirable, NQT will be considered, depending on experience (Candidates on UPS will be considered).
We are looking for a candidate who:
• is an outstanding teacher, who sets high expectations of learning, teaching, behaviour and care;
• makes learning exciting and relevant, promoting positive outcomes for pupils; • is an excellent communicator, confident to interact with professionals & parents;
• has the commitment and determination to succeed in a demanding role;
• has effective organisational skills to lead skilled classroom teaching assistants;
• has a strong commitment to multi-disciplinary working.
We can offer:
• a supportive school, where pupils enjoy learning and make excellent progress;
• a friendly, professional multi-disciplinary team (health & education), who work in partnership;
• a supportive school that is committed to professional development and high expectations;
• Parents/carers and Governors who work in partnership with the school.
The Governors of the school are committed to safeguarding pupils in the school and this post will DBS subject to an Enhanced Disclosure (DBS) and a Children’s Barred List check. All visits, requests or application forms and supporting letter should be directed to Rebecca Kelly Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing Date for applications is 22nd June at noon Shortlisting will be the 22nd June and interviews will be held on 27th June