We are seeking a facilities assistant who will help keep our academies clean and safe and maintain a positive working and learning environment for our staff, students and visitors.
The role is based at two of our academies - in Tilbury, Thurrock and in Hornchurch, Havering (a willingness to travel is essential).
Olive Academies supports children and young people who have experienced difficulty in learning in mainstream schools. We work with pupils who are at risk of exclusion, those who have been permanently excluded from school and those who have medical needs. We are a multi-academy trust with three alternative provision academies and an outreach service in London and east of England. You can find our more about us at www.oliveacademies.org.uk
We are looking for someone:
· to work closely with the Facilities Manager to ensure good maintenance and management of our academy buildings and grounds
· to maintain our buildings; complete minor repairs and manage contractors when needed.
Assist with maintenance of academy buildings and grounds; undertaking minor repair work.
· Maintain the buildings by completing work from the fault log book kept on each site, performing daily litter picking duties, maintaining external bins, washing external windows, moving furniture, stepladder checks, porterage of deliveries and basic plumbing duties.
· Ensure that fire regulations are observed and regular checks are carried out and logged including the weekly alarm test, fire extinguisher test and emergency lighting test.
· Check that agreed work by contractors is completed satisfactorily and follow up on any concerns.
· Ensure our buildings are adequately heated and that boilers are maintained and serviced as required.
Help keep our staff and students safe.
· Keep the academies’ surrounding grounds properly cared for and landscaped.
· Ensure the security of the buildings by checking perimeter is secure and access gates are kept locked on daily basis.
· Respond appropriately to emergencies situations or urgent issues and prioritise tasks effectively.
· Demonstrate good knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements.
Demonstrate excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage your own workload.
· Ability to work accurately with detailed information and ensure that practical tasks are fully completed.
· Computer literate and competent in using Microsoft packages such as Word, Outlook and Excel.
· Self-motivated and able to work confidently and professionally in a dynamic and sometimes challenging environment.
· Willing to travel between our academies* and able to work within a small team (*ability to drive and use of your own car is essential)
You can find out more about the role, download a job pack/ application form at https://www.oliveacademies.org.uk/working-with-us/
Application closing date is: 19th November 2018 6pm
Please contact email@example.com or call 01273 573834 if you have any queries or would like to discuss the role further.