Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Responsible to: Premises Manager
Contract term: Full Time, All Year Round
Purpose of the post: This is a busy role as a Facilities Assistant this vibrant Multi Academy Trust. Please see attached job description for more information.
About Canary Wharf College Trust: We are a Multi Academy Trust based in East London. We have two primary schools and a growing secondary school. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organisation with an innovative and unique educational vision.
The college ethos: To live, share and celebrate the love of learning in a Christian environment whilst welcoming those of other faiths and cultures.
An opportunity has arisen for a Facilities Assistant to join our friendly, hard-working Facilities Team. As well as being able to work on your own initiative, some caretaking duties will be required and the ideal candidate will have maintenance skills which will help to maintain our school premises'. This role will suit a highly motivated and organised individual. Experience of working in a similar role would be beneficial.
Within this role you will be responsible for:
• Assisting with the effective maintenance of the Trust estates
• Assisting the Premises Manager with statutory inspections such as Fire, Health and Safety, equipment safety etc.
• Updating the equipment inventory
• Receiving deliveries, returning damaged goods and distributing orders to the relevant staff
• Will be responsible for opening/locking a site
• Co-ordinating contractors for works during term time and school holidays
• Undertaking general office and administrative duties as required
A smart appearance alongside a confident, professional manner and excellent organisation skills are required.
To apply for this role please complete the online TES application form including your full work experience and education information. Please note we do not accept CV’s for this role.
Interviews will be held week commencing 19th and 26th August.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and references.