Competitive salary (above Inner London)
Required as soon as possible
Do you want to be part of a team that transform the lives of young people?
This is a perfect opportunity for a passionate and enthusiastic professional who is considering perusing a career in Facilities Manager role in Education. The vacancy represents an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious organisation that works within the nationally renowned United Learning Trust. We would welcome applications from candidates who are eager to play an important role in the future of our school.
The key responsibilities of this role will be to support with the development and implementation of the strategic plan and annual Business Plan for our school. To plan and implement summer works at our school, to source contractors and obtain the required number of estimates and quotations for budgeted works/services and make recommendations, to engage with approved contractors to deliver contracted services.
You will support with the maintaining of school site to a safe standard by ensuring that all Health and Safety procedures are followed, applicable standards are met, and hazards identified and remedied in a timely manner.
What we offer as a school:
- Clear purpose. We are all here to make a real difference to students lives
- An environment in which student behaviour is exemplary
- A supportive leadership team, who invest in people
- An opportunity to work in a charitable organisation that is focused on improving the lives of disadvantaged children; the core value of the Trust is “the best in everyone”
- Much opportunity for professional development, within our school and our Trust.
- Opportunities to work with other cluster of London schools
- SG Fleet (Personal Contract Hire)
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
We currently have 600 students, years 7 to 11. We will continue to grow each year until we are at full capacity, 720 students including our Sixth Form
If you align with our vision, values, and are committed to ensuring that ‘disadvantaged’ does not dictate educational outcomes, then you will greatly enjoy working at Goresbrook.
You are very welcome to visit us, even if you do not end up applying for the post. We are 20 minutes on the tube from Mile End, and just 15 minutes’ drive from East London
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Sirrela Dinesh, HR Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Barking and Dagenham