Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane
Tottenham, North London
- Based on Experience + Health Cash Plan + Harris Benefits
- Job type:
- Part Time, Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- Apply by:
- 30 October 2017
We are looking for a dedicated and hard-working Premises Manager who understands that keeping our premises and facilities maintained to the highest standards is key to our success. We are looking for an individual with a clear commitment to supporting and developing the vision for this academy. You will be committed to the highest achievement for all and be a resourceful and enthusiastic supporter of education.
We would consider full-time or a job share for this role.
Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane is a two form entry primary with part-time nursery located in North London. Our aim is to provide an education that is affirming, aspirational and transformational so that all our children leave us academically and emotionally equipped for their next stage. Our staff are committed to working together to achieve the best for our children. If you visit our website you can view our priorities, approaches, vision and values in more detail.
As a member of the team you will be:
- Capable of establishing good working relationships with the Principal, office and teaching staff, pupils, parents, cleaners, and all other stakeholders;
- Flexible in your approach to planning the working day;
- Well organised, conscientious and reliable;
- Practical, with basic DIY skills;
- Reasonably fit, as the work involves lifting and carrying.
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and requirements;
- Training (or sound experience) in either plumbing, general/ground maintenance, electrical/building maintenance or heating systems;
- A sound understanding of cleaning methods and standards;
- Good communication skills and a flexible approach.
Experience of working in a school or educational establishment is desirable but not essential.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane?
Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane is a successful academy based in Tottenham, North London. We strive to provide the best possible education and opportunities for our children to face the challenges of the 21st century. We are welcoming and supportive.
- A happy, learning environment where everyone is valued
- A highly motivated staff team
- Children who are fun to be with and are motivated by enjoyable learning experiences
- Support for your own professional development
For more information about the position, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link. If you have any queries regarding this job, please contact Emma Olakisan, PA to the Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the school on 020 8808 3231.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.
About Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane
- Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane
- Philip Lane
- N15 4AB
- United Kingdom
Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane is a two form entry Primary with part time Nursery located in North London, which opened in September 2012 in the heart of Tottenham. We are a happy, caring and supportive Academy that is raising standards and expectations.
In work and in play, Harris primary students are encouraged towards traditional values: good manners and behaviour, enthusiasm for learning, and recognising right from wrong. Our aim is that, whatever a child’s background or starting point, by the time they move on to secondary school from the Academy they will have developed the academic skills, social skills, confidence and drive that they need in order to succeed.
At Philip Lane our aims and values underpin our curriculum, teaching and learning. We revisit and reflect on these in our day to day work with the pupils and wider community.
Our aim is to provide an education that is affirming, aspirational and transformational so that all our children leave us academically and emotionally equipped for their next stage. Our staff are committed to working together to achieve the best for our children.
These are our values:
- We value the way in which all children are unique, and our curriculum promotes respect for the views of each individual, as well as for people of all cultures.
- We value tolerance, respect and promote fair play in all we do
- We value a working partnership with parents and families to support each pupil’s learning, progress and well-being
- We value the spiritual and moral development of each pupil, as well as their intellectual and physical growth.
- We value the importance of each person in our community. We organise our curriculum so that we promote co-operation and understanding between all members of our community.
- We value our environment and we aim through our curriculum to teach respect for our world, and how we should care for it.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.