The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
We are seeking a Facilities Officer to provide high quality ground and building maintenance within all areas of the College campus.
The successful applicant will:-
• Provide high quality building and grounds maintenance within all areas of the College campus
• Maintain cleanliness of school grounds
• Blowing down and vacuuming hard surfaces and pathways daily
• Empty all external general waste and recycling bins daily
• Maintain and improve garden beds and hedges
• As required assist with the maintenance and improvement of the sporting ovals
• As required mow grassed areas using ride on and walk behind mowers
• Perform set up and take down for school events
• Undertake building and grounds maintenance as set out in the works program such as painting and minor maintenance.
• As required, make internal deliveries on the College campus
• Attend professional courses where applicable.
• Demonstrate a willingness to work positively within a team as well as having the ability to work independently.
• Demonstrate and practice effective conflict resolution
• Compliance & contribution to WH&S policies, to ensure a safe working environment.
• Active application of College policy and procedure.
• Given the dynamic environment in which the College operates, the Principal may alter the roles and responsibilities of this position at their discretion in order to most effectively serve the needs of the College.
St Columbans is a progressive, co-educational, Catholic College catering for over 1,000 students. Our contemporary campus is located in the heart of Caboolture, easily accessible by rail and bus. Our nurturing, faith filled community offers mission and retreat programs, academic and vocational excellence with diverse curriculum choices, technologically advanced 1:1 Laptop Program, comprehensive cultural programs and sporting development academy and offers multiple pathways with a Trade Training Centre, being a National Finalist in the Australian Training Awards. Staff are committed to quality inclusive Christian education in the Catholic tradition led by the Edmund Rice Touchstones. At St Columbans College there is a focus on High Expectations, Resilience and Perseverance.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: Negotiable
Position Tenure: Continuing
Weeks Worked: Up to 52 weeks per year including school holidays
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term):
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 38
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: Service Staff Schedule, Level 3
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Wade Schimke
Contact Telephone Number: 07 5495 3111
Contact Email: email@example.com
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window