The governors, staff and students of Thrybergh Academy are looking to appoint an outstanding and committed professional to join our vibrant, growing Through School.
Thrybergh Academy is Rotherham’s only Through School, situated on both the Foljambe Primary Campus and the Thrybergh Secondary Campus. Our aim is to provide an outstanding seamless education to students from 3 -16. We believe strongly in providing our students with nothing less than the best provision in order to equip them for a successful future ahead.
You will have the opportunity to shape the vision for Science across all Key Stages in the Academy, ensuring that the provision our students receive, sets them on an outstanding educational pathway into the future. We will support you in managing and developing a Science curriculum which is broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated for all. There is the opportunity to make a big impact on standards of student attainment and achievement in Science through your creativity, motivational skills and keen focus on improvement.
As Faculty Leader for Science you will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent classroom practice
- A track record of driving change and raising standards
- Strong leadership, motivational and creative skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- A willingness to learn and develop alongside our Academy staff
- A forward thinking approach to educational development and the ability to implement innovative ideas in order to engage, enthuse and challenge all students in Science
- An ambition for yourself, the students and the academy community
Thrybergh Academy can offer you:
- A chance to establish your vision for the Science setting
- Ambitious, hardworking and supportive staff
- Kind, creative and passionate students
- A safe, secure and caring environment
- High quality joint professional development
- Wonderful opportunities to develop and grow your career in Rotherham’s only Through School
- The trust, support, autonomy and space to grow as a leader
- Complimentary gym membership at our on-site Sports Centre
You are warmly welcomed and encouraged to visit the Thrybergh Campus in order to meet our leaders, staff and students. Please arrange these visits with Jill Leaning on 01709 850471 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 9am Wednesday 17th October 2018
Interviews will be held on the week commencing 22nd October 2018
Application forms and further details are attached to this advert
Disclosure & Barring Service Scheme - This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records at an enhanced level.