Forest Bridge School - Maidenhead – Transitions Officer (.5) and Family Support Worker (.5)
Job Title: Transitions and Family Support Worker (both posts are currently part-time; The posts can be applied for together or separately)
Salary: SCP 26-29 plus outer fringe allowance (24,972 – 27,406); (pro rata for term time only plus insets 21,647-23,752)
Line Manager: Headteacher and/or Head Behaviour Analyst
Supervisory Responsibilities: None, apart from assisting in work familiarisation of new members of staff.
Hours of work: Term Time Only 8:30 to 4:30pm with 30 minute lunch break (some flexibility expected depending on critical school need)
Forest Bridge School is a new all-age Special Free School for children with autism which opened in September 2015. You will become a member of a dedicated team of teachers and support staff who contribute to a culture in which every pupil has the opportunity to thrive and flourish.
We are looking for a flexible and enthusiastic person who can demonstrate an ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
The successful applicant/s will:
Family Support Worker
• Be responsible for planning a full family training program
• Hold monthly informal family events (ie. Coffee morning)
• Develop a plan for extended services at Forest Bridge School
• Be trained to Designated Child Protection Officer level (practical in school lead, responsible for the day to day operations of the safeguarding function)
· Be the liaison with social services and multi-agency partners and manage any referrals
• Be a resource for parents/families in need of additional support
· Be the lead on analysing and improving pupil attendance
• Have a caring, calming yet confident personality
· Provide intensive 1:1 support to KS4 pupils and their families to provide advice and guidance on opportunities post-16
· Develop and provide a careers guidance policy and service for Forest Bridge School in line with the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks to develop our careers provision
· Lead on the continued development of work experience for Forest Bridge pupils
· Continue to develop a network with post-16 providers
· Lead on our annual careers week event
The school is committed to safeguarding children and the successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please contact email@example.com for any queries in relation to this post or to arrange a phone conversation with our Headteacher Elizabeth Farnden.
Please note in your personal statement if you are applying one or both posts. Completed applications should be submitted by the 27th of June and interviews will take place on the 6th of July.