About Kensington Aldridge Academy (KAA)
KAA is an 11 – 18 academy situated in the heart of Notting Hill. We opened in brand new buildings in 2014 with just Year 7 and our facilities are second to none. We are now in our fifth year of operation and are a full school with 1,250 students in Years 7 to 13.
KAA is a school that has the very highest standards, both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. In December 2017 Ofsted judged us outstanding in all areas and categories and described standards as “exceptional”. Our A level results in our first two years are among the best nationally in terms of our “progress” score – a key measure of the quality of teaching. We are also TES Secondary School of the Year for 2018.
KAA is looking for a dedicated Finance & Resources Director to join an outstanding academy. In many ways this is most important job in the school. Everything KAA does is predicated on us having a strong budget to support it, yet the next five years will be a time of financial challenge for KAA and all schools. The successful candidate will be someone who understands that and is able to provide financial leadership through this period.
It’s likely the successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working in a lead finance role in a secondary academy or maintained school OR significant finance and operations experience outside of education;
- Have a recognised accountancy qualification, although this is not strictly essential. What is essential is a thorough and accurate understanding of accounting and budgeting which will be tested at interview;
- Be capable of undertaking due diligence on any surrounding schools with which KAA might partner.
- Be experienced as a member of a senior management team;
- Have a high level of drive and motivation;
- Have strong people management skills;
- Be highly organised and effective at time management, working under pressure and prioritisation;
- Have knowledge of HR, Health and Safety, IT and Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) requirements;
- Have sound technical understanding of school leadership issues and Company House and charity sector legislation pertaining to the academy sector;
- Have the ability to work hard in a fast moving and demanding school environment;
- Be committed to KAA’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses;
- Have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of our students.
Please download the full candidate pack for a job description and further information about the academy.
To apply, please send your completed application to Payal Joshi at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 12th November at 9am.