Please apply via the following microsite, not via the "apply now" button: https://www.bpprecruitment.co.uk/vacancy/107436/finance-apprentice-with-ambitious-about-autism/147
Ambitious about Autism is the national charity for children and young people with autism. Our mission is to help children and young people with autism to learn, thrive and achieve. We work to improve the services available for children and young people with autism, to increase awareness and understanding of autism, to campaign for change and, through TreeHouse School, The Rise School and Ambitious College, to offer outstanding specialist education and support.
To enable us to achieve our mission, we are looking for a Finance Apprentice to join our growing Finance team, this is a key support role that underpins Financial Operations, ensuring that processing is kept up to date and that accounting records are accurately input onto the finance system, in line with organisational policies. The role also provides support to the Business Partnering team, ensuring that accurate monthly and termly reports are prepared for budget holders.
Working as a Finance Apprentice, you will:
• Support system administration for the Finance system, PS Financials, including setting up users, updating access rights and liaising with the PS Financials Support Team.
• Assist in the Accounts Payable function: processing purchase invoices, supplier statement reconciliations, staff expenses and credit card expenditure.
• Assist in the Accounts Receivable function: processing sales invoices in a timely manner.
• Assist in the month end process, including processing journals and reconciliations.
About the Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the new apprenticeship standard, ACCA – Diploma in Accounting and Business.
The apprenticeship will be completed through a combination of workplace and online study.
• Team player
• Attention to detail
• Good communication skills
• High level of numeracy
• Self-discipline, determination and appreciation of the demands of studying while working
• Clear aptitude for teamwork, planning and organising
• Excel knowledge would be beneficial
For more information on this role, please find attached the recruitment pack, alternatively for a confidential discussion, please contact our Senior Recruitment Officer, Stephen Vickers on SVickers@ambitiousaboutautism.org.uk
Closing date for applications is 30th September 2019
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.