We are looking to appoint a highly motived Finance Manager to oversee all aspects of finance within the Multi Academy Trust, as a result of the retirement of our existing Finance Manager.
This is a full time, full year permanent contract starting from January 2019. Starting salary will be £39,665 per annum rising to £43,911 per annum.
An occupational pension scheme is available through the Local Government Pension Scheme.
• Provide operational and strategic financial support for the Trust.
• Manage the MAT finance team and provide finance services.
• Manage: budget monitoring, budget setting, payroll, and finance systems
• Design and implement central finance structures and systems and support the development of financial strategy.
• Assist in formulating the financial aims and objectives of the Multi Academy Trust and in establishing the policies, systems and procedures.
• Support the Chief Operating Officer in ensuring compliance with financial guidelines and requirements for the Department for Education.
Experience in educational finance would be an advantage but is not essential.
West Lakes Academy was last inspected by Ofsted in March 2017 and judged to be Outstanding in all aspects. We are a thriving, ambitious and forward thinking 11-18 academy situated on the edge of the beautiful Lake District. Our modern £26m building provides outstanding facilities which create a bright and motivational learning environment.
As a Teaching School and Multi Academy Trust we are building strong links with other schools in the local area and nationally.
This role therefore provides significant career development opportunities as we continue to grow. The Academy’s Sponsors - Sellafield Limited, the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority and the University of Central Lancashire have each played an important role in its success and are committed to its continued improvement.
The Academy has been heavily oversubscribed for the past 4 years and we now have 1245 students on roll.
For an informal discussion about this role or to arrange a visit to the academy please contact: Stephen Lester, Chief Operating Officer, on 01946 820356.
West Lakes Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced check for regulated activity via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Details can be found on the vacancies section of our website at www.westlakesacademy.org.uk To apply for this role please complete and return the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications: 9.00 am on Monday 15th October 2018.