Finance Officer x2
Salary – £22,500 - £30,000, dependent on experience
Work pattern – Full time, 40 hours per week
Contract – Permanent
Location – Mossbourne Federation, Hackney
Interview dates – TBC
The Mossbourne Federation has helped change the lives of their students through providing outstanding education. The federations flagship school Mossbourne Community Academy is built on high expectations, and doing right for the students in order for them to succeed.
The Mossbourne Federation comprises four academies:
- Mossbourne Community Academy (secondary)
- Mossbourne Victoria Park Academy (secondary)
- Mossbourne Parkside Academy (primary)
- Mossbourne Riverside Academy (primary)
Two of these have full cohorts with the other two being new start-ups. Mossbourne Federation has an operating budget in excess of £18 million and staff of around 350 teaching and support personnel, with both income and staff figures set to increase as pupil numbers increase.
Across the four academies operates a Central Services Directorate which supports all the academies, delivering services such as estates, facilities, security, ICT, and telecommunications management, together with corporate communications, human resource and finance functions.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of financial procedures within a similar public sector environment
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Degree in Accounting or related subject
- Experience and ability to lead training sessions on financial issues
- Substantial experience in production of accounts up to trial balance
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders (staff, students, parents and contractors)
- Willing to work as part of a team and go the extra mile to up keep the Mossbourne values
What we can offer:
- A challenge!
- The opportunity to work with excellent students and a supportive team throughout the academy
- Comprehensive staff benefits
- The prospect of working for one of the country’s leading academies
- Ambitious working environment
- Professional development
- Friendly and passionate atmosphere
More information about the post and an online application form can be found on our website: http://www.mossbourne.org/vacancies/. Please note that CV’s or incomplete application forms will not be considered. All other applications will be considered, however, only those that are shortlisted will be contacted. Mossbourne Federation reserves the right to close adverts earlier than the stated deadline.
Please note: Applications may be considered whilst the post is being advertised. Mossbourne Federation reserves the right to close adverts earlier than the stated deadline
Mossbourne Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure.