Do you have experience within Finance management in either a professional or school capacity? We are looking to appoint a dedicated and resourceful individual as Finance Officer to oversee financial duties across Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane and Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park. This role is likely to suit a qualified individual with previous professional finance experience or equivalent.
Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane is an Outstanding primary academy and we have high expectations and aspirations for your children. All our staff aim to give every child an exceptional education providing support, care, enrichment and challenge as they come through our doors. We give them opportunities to enjoy their learning and prepare them for future academic success as well as happy lives. We have a unique creative curriculum, a clear vision, high expectations, strong moral values and a love of learning.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Working across both academies, your job purpose will be to undertake the following:
- General Finance: Undertake the accurate accounting of all aspects of academy finance in line with Federation financial regulations
- Other Funding Streams: Organise and correctly account for all other income/expenditure streams for academy services; after-school clubs, class visits/visitors and wrap-around care.
- Uniform: Ensure the efficient, effective ordering and administration of school uniform at all levels.
- Stock: To ensure the efficient and effective ordering and administration of stock
- Parent Pay and Credit Cards: Oversee ParentPay; encourage 100% uptake ensuring the system is up to date at all times.
- Debt: To address outstanding debt to ensure no accruals in all areas of academy finance.
- Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to A level or equivalent
- Knowledge of school finance systems
- Knowledge of a variety of Financial recording systems
- Knowledge of the budget setting process
- Understanding of the role and function of external audit
- At least three years’ experience working in a finance department
- Experience of working within financial controls
- Experience of assisting with budget setting and budget management
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.
Professional Development & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years
Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane is a two form entry Primary with part time Nursery located in North London, which opened in September 2012 in the heart of Tottenham. We are a happy, caring and supportive Academy that is raising stand...