Finance Officer - Internal Only
£20,000-£30,000 per annum
Regionally based at hub office, with travel to academies as required
Full time, Permanent
Inspire their remarkable with us
We are looking for a Finance Officer to undertake essential financial duties to support a group of academies. If you are looking to develop your career in accounting and finance then this is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience as part of our dynamic finance team. This is a varied finance role within a friendly and motivated team, and will give you exposure to the workings of a large, forward-thinking organisation. You will take responsibility for effective financial operations across a group of academies, including all areas of income and expenditure. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the ordering processes within the group of academies, from the initial order request, through goods receipt and purchase invoice processing, using various methods i.e. internet, catalogues and phone calls to ensure that best value is always obtained
- Process all income from the group of academies, ensuring accurate spreadsheet records are maintained and weekly banking deadlines are adhered to
- Ensure that accurate records are kept in respect of petty cash / ad hoc payments
- Assist with the monitoring and evaluation of academy trips and other accounts
- Process financial data on the academies financial management system, including monthly recharges, raising of debtor invoices and BACS payments
- have experience of using accounting software packages
- have great organisational skills and attention to detail;
- be highly motivated and able to work independently and as part of the team; and
- have finance experience
This role provides genuine opportunity for career progression to individuals with a committed and proactive attitude!
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we are inspiring.
- More influence - As a Trust with 57 schools, the work of our support team directly influences the lives of tens of thousands of children.
- More opportunity for a national role - Our central team develops strategies and resources that support our academies nationwide.
- More connection - A chance to experience what’s happening within our diverse academies.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin.
- More ambitious, professional and passionate colleagues - All focused on delivering remarkable lives.
Closing date: 17/9/2021
To submit an expression of interest please email Helen Pennicott Finance & Operations Manager (South & West Hub) on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Tony Crawshaw on email@example.com for further information.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the ‘Quick Apply’ button below.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
Academies Enterprise Trust