Central Office staff work closely with schools, offering a wealth of expertise to underpin schools’ own knowledge. Our specialist departments, including HR, finance, technology, strategy and performance, estates, and marketing, work alongside dedicated school improvement teams. By joining us, you will provide ongoing support to schools, ultimately improving the outcomes of our pupils.
Financial Accounts Manager
Closing Date: Sunday 18 February 2018 at midnight
You will be responsible for managing the Financial Accounts Function for the Group with three direct reports. Working closely with the CFO, FC, the internal and external auditors, and external Tax Advisors as well as the wider finance function across Central Office and the Group’s Schools. This is a high profile role and includes the monitoring of banking covenants and cash management across the groups numerous bank accounts. You will be expected to challenge procedures ensuring work is carried out consistently and accurately and to regulator standards. We are looking for the suitable candidate to start with us in May 2018.
- Preparation of accurate and timely financial statements for a large group of charitable entities under the current charities SORP.
- Accurate and timely production of the cash flow forecast.
- Completion and submission of the Group’s VAT return within HMRC deadlines.
- Manage and motivate the team ensuring they are effectively managed and professional developed within their role.
- Provide elements of training and advice to internal staff to ensure United Learning complies with relevant accounting and VAT legislation.
You will have proven experience in a similar environment or taking your first step out of Accountancy Practice where the preparation of statutory financial statements and associated returns formed a significant proportion of the role. You will be qualified in a recognised professional accounting qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA. You will also have the following qualities:
- Team player – liaising with Central Office and Schools.
- Strong people management skills – experience of managing and motivating staff
- Good working knowledge of ICT systems, particularly Excel. Access Dimensions desirable.
- Excellent communication – written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Very good attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment
Rewards and Benefits:
As a Group, we can achieve more together than any single School could alone, and we can offer you more as an employee too! As an employee of United Learning, you will receive:
- A contributory pension scheme, meaning we will save together for your retirement.
- Occupational sick pay, protecting you and your family.
- Continuous Professional Development options that will be tailored to your needs.
- Competitive maternity, paternity and adoption benefits.
- The scope for flexible working.
In addition, you will also have access to a range of flexible benefits, from great discounts with Kids Pass and Tastecard, opportunites to get fit with our GymFlex and Cycle2Work programmes, and a range of health and lifestyle benefits including childcare vouchers, car lease schemes, health and dental plans and travel insurance. These benefits are paid for directly from your monthly pay.
United Learning is a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance. As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’. United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All positions are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact:
Adam Tee: 01832 864 428 or Adam.Tee@unitedlearning.org.uk
Address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough PE3 6SB
Telephone: 01832 864 444 Website: www.unitedlearning.org.uk