The David Ross Education Trust is now recruiting for a Financial Controller, based at Head Office in Loughborough.
The David Ross Education Trust has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. We are a non-for profit organisation and this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to join our organisation, where you really can make a difference. Providing our young people access to a world-class education and enrichment experiences is what drives us. In this role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the CFO, you will be a key member of the senior management team and will lead effective design and implementation of Trust-wide financial processes and controls. You will be responsible for internal management and external statutory reporting and will manage all accounting operations including Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Cost Accounting, Income Recognition and Tax accounting, as well as leading financial planning and analysis.
As a qualified accountant you will bring new ideas, financial rigour and commercial input to the Trust. The role has tremendous breadth, which will allow you to have a direct impact on the ongoing success of the business and help you to further develop your own experience.
• Professional Accountancy qualification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA
• Proven working experience as a Financial Controller, number years of finance experience, across a multi-site organisation
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
• Experience of creating financial statements
• Experience of general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
• Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
• Experience of managing and leading teams and establishing effective performance measures and a performance culture that achieves team objectives
• Full driving licence
Salary and Benefits
• £60,000- £65,000
• Access to generous Local Government defined benefit Pension Scheme
• 30 days annual leave plus statutory holidays
• CPD and personal development – develop yourself further with a funded MBA
• Onsite Parking
Closing Date: Monday 23rd September 2019