Food and Textiles Technician
Location: Graham School, Scarborough
Grade C (SCP 2-4) £18,198 – £18,933 FTE
37 hours per week, term time only
Start date: As soon as possible
‘There are no great schools without great colleagues’
‘Come and Grow your career at Graham School’
Welcome to Graham School. We are a rapidly improving 11-16 school situated in Scarborough with almost 1000 students on roll. Since joining the Hope Sentamu Learning Trust family of schools in 2019 there have substantial and sustained improvements. We are on a journey and everyone at #teamgraham is rightly proud to be effecting change within our coastal community.
Our motto is ‘Grow, Learn and Achieve together’ and we have five key values which underpin everything we are working to achieve here. These are Honesty, Empathy, Aspiration, Resilience and Team Work; ‘HEART’.
Whilst many of our current staff are local, many also travel from York, Hull, Driffield and the surrounding areas. Staff wellbeing and team work are at the heart of our plans and we are proud that our school now has low staff turnover and high staff retention.
We are a proud member of the Hope Sentamu Learning Trust family of schools along with our coastal partner George Pindar School. As our new colleague you will join a staff body who with the tailored support from our Trust are making Graham a school our community can be proud of.
We are an inclusive school with a healthy intake in Year 7 and we have the highest aspiration for our students to achieve their very best and grow both as individuals and as members of their community. The development of the whole child forms an integral part of our vision; we want the best for every student at Graham School irrespective of their background. We value honesty, high expectations and aspirations, resilience and we work together as #Team Graham.
Over the last three years a huge amount of work has gone into ensuring that our students can achieve their full potential. This has included ensuring our climate for learning is productive and aspirational, our behaviour and attitudes policies and strategies benefit all of our student body and our pastoral systems reach every student that needs extra support.
Are you a university student who has recently graduated or a support colleague looking for a new challenge? We have the perfect position for you if your passion is within Technology.
You will support the smooth running of food technology and textiles lessons with thorough preparation, ordering, cleaning and support. This post represents an excellent opportunity to work with a group of professionals who are focused on driving rapid and sustained improvement within a challenging context. Applications are invited from colleagues at all stages of their career.
What we are looking for in our successful Technician:
• An academic qualification, at least to A Level but preferably to Degree level, within the Technology remit
• If not an academic qualification, then experience working within a Technology related role would certainly be sufficient
• Practical experience within a school environment would be advantageous
• Good organisation and communication skills
• The ability to work well as part of a team as well as independently
Our Trust is part of a highly successful Teaching Alliance which in partnership with York St John University is a teacher training provider. Many of our teachers are ‘home grown’ and have benefited from gaining classroom experience as a member of our support staff.
We welcome interest from colleagues at all levels.
Overview and career development recruitment incentives:
• An opportunity to join a staff team, which is fully behind our journey, and who have real HEART.
• Trust specific career development programmes
• Tailored coaching programmes within our supportive and nurturing network
• Friendly and caring schools where all stakeholders work together for the benefit of the children.
• A high level of support from staff and colleagues within the Hope Sentamu Learning Trust
• Motivated, dedicated staff and a committed, active and supportive Trust Board.
• Improving schools which support pupils to aspire to the very best, with a broad and balanced curriculum offer, collaborative learning and a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
• A commitment to professional development and advancement opportunities within a growing MAT.
The date of commencement for this post will be as soon as possible in September/October 2021 and the closing date for all applications is Monday 27th September 2021. Interviews will take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
For an informal conversation, to arrange a visit and further details please contact James Annetts at email@example.com or call 01609 534939 / 07966 261249.
To apply for the post you will need to complete our Trust online application form by clicking on this link: Graham School: Technician (Food & Textiles) – Hope Sentamu Learning Trust (hslt.academy)
To get a feel for our school you are welcome to view our video via our website at:
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance satisfactory references and right to work checks.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years