PRIORY SCHOOL, LEWES, EAST SUSSEX
MIXED 11-16 COMPREHENSIVE
Food Preparation and Nutrition Technician
(24 hours a week, term time)
Priory School is a happy and thriving Secondary School based in Lewes, East Sussex. The
Governors seek to appoint a Food Preparation and Nutrition technician to work in a very successful Technology department.
The hours of work are 24 hours a week, over 5 days, but we can be flexible with this. The salary grade is Single Status Grade 4, point 9, £18,933 to point 10, £19,312. The actual yearly salary for working 24 hours a week, term time and inset days is £10,833 to £11,050.
There are 5 teaching staff in the Technology department working in 2 dedicated teaching kitchens. We have one food preparation room for staff use. The primary function of the Technician is to support the work of teaching staff in ensuring that students and staff receive high quality support and their individual requirements are met. The duties include:-
• Weighing and measuring ingredients for students
• Food stock rotation in line with food hygiene regulations
• Equipment and resources stock take and ordering
• Managing laundry of tea towels and dishcloths for practical lessons
• Collating and managing the ordering of ingredients for staff demonstrations
• Managing student ingredients and correct storage of cooked products
• Monitoring fridge/freezer temperatures
• Monitoring and re-stocking consumable resources in classrooms (e.g cling film. Baking paper, olive oil etc)
• Corridor and classroom displays
• Cleaning and maintaining equipment (hobs, food processors, ovens, fridges)
• Monitoring storage and condition of classroom resources
• Writing and updating health and safety documents for activities, materials and equipment used in the department
• Providing technical support to students within practical cooking sessions
The successful applicant will have excellent organisational skills and a willingness to fully engage in the work of a very busy department. Cooking expertise is preferable but not essential. You must have the ability to communicate, relate well to staff and students, and work effectively in a team. Additionally, you must have the capacity to be flexible with jobs in a working day, and to re-prioritise what needs to be done. Schools are busy, fast moving environments and flexibility is key.
Full details of the post and an application form can be downloaded directly from our school website at www.priory.e-sussex.sch.uk under Menu, Join Us, Staff Vacancies.
Please email application forms to the Personnel Officer at email@example.com If you have not received a response within 3 weeks of the closing date then we regret that your application has not been successful.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday, 20th September 2021 at 9.00 a.m.
Interview date: During the week commencing: 27th September 2021
East Sussex County Council is committed to equality of opportunity. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake, or currently hold, a DBS enhanced clearance for this authority.