Surbiton High School seeks a passionate Football Coach to deliver high quality football sessions to a range of different ages and abilities at both Surbiton High School and Surbiton High Girls’/Boys’ Preparatory School
Surbiton High School is a friendly and vibrant community where people matter, results count and where a passion for excellence drives everything we do. Our inspirational Educational Support Staff are the backbone of the School, and are dedicated to supporting our aim of creating an intellectually rigorous and challenging academic environment - a place where a passion and energy abound, a school with a real heart and soul, and where every pupil and staff member can flourish.
Job Purpose: To deliver high quality football sessions to a range of different ages and abilities at both Surbiton High School and Surbiton High Girls’/Boys’ Preparatory School
Reporting Line: Head of Football
Tenure: Casual, term-time, part-time.
- Monday 4:30 - 6:00pm
- Tuesday 4:30 - 6:00pm
- Friday 4:15 - 5:45pm
There may also be the possibility of coaching Boys’ Prep teams from 3:00 – 4:00pm on some afternoons
- To coach football across a range of groups, from beginners to senior and scholars
- To liaise with the Head of Football on the delivery of the football vision
- To assist and lead age group training sessions and potentially run teams within the program
- To develop individuals by catering to their needs
- To be involved with the scholarship recruitment process at Year 7 and 6th Form entry
- To act as a coach and offer general support prior, during and after sessions/events
- To assist with the general running of the football program and associated equipment
- To check the safety of all equipment and facilities before use
- To be aware and adhere to risk assessments and health and safety guidelines
- To carry out any such duties as may be reasonably requested
- To conduct yourself in an appropriate professional manner at all times, supporting and fostering the aims and safeguarding policies of the School
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- FA Level 1 or Level 2 football coaching qualification
- The ability to work as part of a team in a successful, dynamic and exciting School and football program
- Experience of operating professionally and safely within a sporting environment
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Strong playing background (desirable)
- A proven track record of demonstrable training and coaching success (desirable)
- Confidence and creativity in managing teams of varying abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of all things football in the male and female game
- Familiar with the England DNA and an advocate for long term player development (essential)
- Current involvement in coaching girls’ football (desirable)
- Clear passion for football and coaching
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvements within the role and program
- High levels of personal and professional integrity and the ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Experience of football coaching in an educational setting (desirable)
- Personal warmth to gain the confidence of pupils, staff and parents
- Positive rapport with pupils
- High standards of personal presence and presentation, along with attention to detail
- Unflappable, calm
- Able to communicate comfortably and effectively with parents, pupils and fellow staff members at all levels
Please apply online by clicking on the following link:
Closing date for applications: 6.00pm, Monday 12 April 2021
Interviews to be held week commencing: 19 April 2021
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Surbiton High School is culturally diverse and fully committed to celebrating, respecting and learning about inclusion and diversity throughout the community.
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
Surbiton High School is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance. As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing.
Surbiton High Senior School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years
Surbiton High School aims to inspire, encourage and empower its staff and pupils to be the very best they can be.
We are a school where a passion and energy abound, a school with a real heart and soul, where we look beyond the A* to offer a breadth of...