Malvern College Hong Kong is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Forest School and Outdoor Education Leader (PYP).
The certified (Level 3) Forest School and Outdoor Education Leader will assist the school leadership in building and maintaining an innovative and successful Forest School Programme for Malvern College Hong Kong which links to our PYP Programme of Inquiry.
The appointed Forest School and Outdoor Education Leader will provide leadership in developing and implementing the Forest School curriculum in lower primary. The appointed person will lead Forest School sessions, along with supporting staff. The ability and interest to support the development of outdoor education in upper primary and senior years would be an advantage. The appointed person will also be required to support other aspects of school life depending on the areas of expertise of the successful applicant.
Teaching commitment in the Forest School and Outdoor Education is unlikely to be full-time and therefore ability to offer another subject will be expected.
The successful candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of the College’s vision and values. They will be a supportive member of the staff team to help ensure the success of Malvern College Hong Kong as a leading international school in Hong Kong.
- Design and lead in preparing a challenging, innovative and exciting Forest School curriculum for children which will enable them to flourish and achieve their potential. Forest School is currently a core part of the curriculum in Years 1 and 2
- Design, prepare and deliver inspiring and challenging Forest School lessons to suit the individual needs of all pupils
- Promote the enjoyment of learning in the outdoors
- Complete risk assessments
- Nurture meaningful relationships with children and provide the individual attention they need
- Contribute to the extra-curricular activities programme and participate in school activities such as assemblies, parent evening events, conferences, workshops and duties- any other roles as identified by the leadership team
- Adhere to and promote Malvern College’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Assist with any other duties, tasks or jobs as may be reasonably requested by the Headmaster.
- A qualified teacher and holder of university degree
- Level 3 Forest School Leader Qualification
- Current Outdoor First Aid Qualification
- Minimum of 2 years Forest School experience
- Curriculum development knowledge and experience in Forest School Education
- Experience in teaching second language learners
- Evidence of on-going professional learning and development
- Native Level English speaker
- Enjoys being outdoors and working with children
- Awareness of Safeguarding, Health and Safety, and other related policies
- Demonstrate professionalism, commitment, integrity, strength of character and perseverance
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age, and ethnic background
- Shows a strong work ethic
- Articulate and effective communicator and well-developed interpersonal skills
- Committed to ensuring high standards of teaching and learning in outdoor education
- Collaborative and can work as part of a team
- Committed to ensuring high standards of teaching and learning
- Can work and lead independently
- A willingness and commitment to contribute fully to the life of the pupils and school beyond the academic day, including active participation in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes
All applications should be submitted online via TES. You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV. You are also required to provide details of three referees.
Contract Type: Full time, Around 1.5 Years
Start date: Early 2020 – 31 July 2021
Closing date: 24 December 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
Malvern College Hong Kong exists to provide a quality all round education for students and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks. Please note that we will need to take up the references provided in your application form prior to interview.
Please contact email@example.com for any queries about this role. Please note that a CV will not be accepted in place of the online application form.
For further information about Malvern College Hong Kong, please visit our website at http://www.malverncollege.org.hk/. To find out more about the Malvern College International family, please visit www.malverncollegeinternational.org.