In partnership with Dulwich College and its eight sister schools in Asia, Dulwich College Yangon (DCY) upholds the traditions and outstanding educational standards which have become the hallmark of the Dulwich name in the UK and Asia.
The College operates across the Star City and the Pun Hlaing campuses and is currently seeking Foundation Stage teachers to work in both of these campuses.
Applications are invited from practitioners who are passionate about implementing the Early Years Foundation Stage framework in an outstanding learning environment with free-flow, indoor-outdoor provision. They should be highly resourceful, collaborative, forward-thinking professionals who are actively aware of the latest developments in Early Years education, so that they can provide the best learning opportunities for the children.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• An innovative and creative approach to learning, with a solid understanding of early childhood development
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish good working relationships across the school community
• A genuinely child-centered and child-led approach to learning
• Excellent understanding in using the learning environment (indoor and outdoor) to provide the maximum impact on student development
• Experience of how to adapt learning to ensure it is inclusive and accessible for all
• A genuine interest in making a positive and proactive contribution to a young, maturing school
• An eagerness to engage with the local community and help contribute to the development of the country outside of the school.
At least 2 years teaching experience is required, regardless of nationality. All applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education, or a first degree plus a post-graduate qualification in education (i.e. PGCE).
In return the successful candidates will be working in outstanding, purpose-built facilities equipped with quality resources, set within Yangon’s award-winning Star City and Pun Hlaing residential complexes.
Teachers will receive an attractive salary and competitive overseas benefits package, which includes:
• annual flight allowance
• freight allowance
• comprehensive global medical insurance
• free tuition for up to two children at the school (Toddler to Y11 age)
• enhanced levels of professional development across the Dulwich College International family of schools.
To apply for this position please click on the 'apply on school website' button.
The closing date for the post is 27th October 2019.
Your application should include a brief cover letter, a CV and a statement of your educational philosophy.
Interviews will take place online, via skype, or in Yangon from Monday 28th October onwards.
For further information, please see our websites at www.dulwich.org and Yangon.dulwich.org