The British International School, Lagos is seeking to appoint a dynamic, highly skilled, and inspiring founding Head of our new Junior School.
BIS is an outstanding over-subscribed boarding and day school which has, over the last two decades forged a deserved reputation for delivering both academic rigour and extensive co-curricular provision. The school’s sizeable grounds sit within the affluent Victoria Island area of this vibrant, fast developing and fascinating city.
We welcome applications from staff currently working in the UK or within a UK curriculum International setting who:
• Have the experience, determination, and energy to lead the school in its founding years.
• Love working with children.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and are able to build strong teams.
• Can think strategically and work closely with the Principal of the Senior School
• Have experience of marketing and admissions procedures.
• Have excellent presentation skills and are confident public speakers.
• Enjoy problem solving and have a good sense of humour.
• Have an excellent knowledge of EYFS, KS1 and KS2
• Have an absolute commitment to the holistic education of each child under their care.
• Can prepare the Junior School for its first COBIS accreditation.
In return BIS offers a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to work with motivated pupils, supportive parents and welcoming colleagues.
Applicants should supply recent CV, details of 3 referees one of which must be from your their most recent employer and a letter outlining their suitability for the role. Applications should arrive no later than Friday 26th February via firstname.lastname@example.org
British International School Lagos
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Established in 2001, British International School, Lagos (BIS) is a co-education Independent international School located in the Nigerian city of Lagos. The school was founded to provide a British education to students aged 11-18. From Septembe...