We are looking for a conscientious, professional team player who is passionate about ensuring every one of our students achieves their full potential. You will work 18.5 hours per week, term time only on a fixed term contract for one year.
Stoke Newington School & Sixth Form is a “good with outstanding features” school. We pride ourselves in providing our students with inspiring and creative teaching and learning opportunities within the curriculum and through our programme of extra-curricular activities. We aim that every child aspires to and achieves excellence.
Staff joining the department should have excellent subject knowledge and an interest in the target language country, literature and film culture. They need to be flexible, have a positive disposition towards challenges and change, and share resources openly. They should show a willingness to contribute to the wider life of the department through helping with clubs and cultural activities.
Some of your main duties and responsibilities include:
- To support the teaching of the Target Language at KS3 and KS4 by helping pupils to develop their oral fluency within or outside the classroom. Individually, in pairs or small groups
- To accompany MFL staff on primary school visits for taster sessions to smooth transition into secondary
- To have a clear understanding of the Edexcel GCSE and A-Level Speaking Examinations requirements
- To help pupils to prepare for the GCSE and A-Level speaking tests by taking small groups or individual students out of lessons for oral practice.
If you feel you can make a positive contribution to our school, please apply online via downloading the application form on www.stokenewingtonschool.co.uk/jobs
Please email complete applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 72419600 for further information.
Closing date: Midday on Thursday 23rd September 2021
Interview date: w/c 27th September 2021
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to ensuring diversity in our workforce. As employers we committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of all students, an enhanced DBS check is a requirement for all staff.
Stoke Newington School & Sixth Form
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years