Do you have an excellent subject knowledge and a passion for Business Studies and Computer Science, with an equal desire to empower pupils to exceed expectations? If so, we would love to hear from you.
This post would suit a newly qualified teacher or a suitably experienced Business Studies and Computer Science teacher. You will be able to teach and support a range of pupils up to GCSE Computer Science and A Level Business Studies. You will also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability. Candidates will be passionate about planning, preparing and delivering high quality engaging lessons.
Downside School is an independent, co-educational boarding and day school for pupils aged 11 to 18, and one of England’s oldest and most distinguished Catholic schools. We are situated at the foot of the Mendip Hills, twelve miles south of the city of Bath.
The published Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) report states that ‘a clear and positive attitude to learning permeates the whole school, enabled by excellent relationships between staff and pupils’ and that our pupils are ‘enthusiastic and highly motivated learners, able to work independently’.
The successful candidate should possess the drive and determination to enthuse all pupils to reach the highest standards. The role offers the opportunity to fully engage in the varied and vibrant array of co-curricular activities and enrichment as part of the boarding life of the School.
We are looking for someone who:
• Demonstrates excellent subject knowledge and a passion for Business Studies and Computer Science.
• Has an ability to teach A level Business Studies and up to GCSE Computer Science.
• Will engender an atmosphere within lessons which is conducive to active learning and encourage pupils to learn collaboratively.
• Is dynamic, creative and inspirational, motivating pupils to strive for the best.
• Will be committed to their own professional development.
• Will embrace our Catholic, Benedictine ethos.
We can offer:
• A competitive pay scale.
• Complimentary food while working on the School site.
• A free employee assistance programme.
• Supportive, skilled and innovative staff team.
• An inspiring, intellectually rewarding work environment.
• Pupils with highly developed social skills and self-confidence.
• Plenty of opportunities for CPD, and pastoral and wider-curricular involvement.
How to Apply
Use the url re-direction below. Please contact the HR email address if you require further information after reading the application pack.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 3 March 2021 (Midnight)
Proposed Interview date: Thursday 11 March 2021
Downside School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be DBS checked. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
Registered Company No. 11751009 and Registered Charity No: 1184700
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
A clear and positive attitude to learning permeates the whole school, enabled by excellent relationships between staff and pupils’ and that our pupils are ‘enthusiastic and highly motivated learners, able to work independently’. Independent Schools I...