Functional Skills Maths Lecturer
Salary: Up to £34,775 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date: Monday 18th February 2019
Interview Date: Monday 4th March 2019
Accrington and Rossendale College are looking for a talented and student focused Functional Skills Maths Lecturer to join their enthusiastic team on a full-time, permanent basis working 35 hours per week.
Accrington and Rossendale College is an award winning provider of Further Education, Higher Education & Work Based Training; we offer quality education and training to the people of Hyndburn, Rossendale & beyond. We currently offer Vocational and Apprenticeship programmes, at different levels, in 11 subject areas including Hospitality and Catering, Motor Vehicle Engineering and Construction and Building Trades. Part of Nelson and Colne College (Ofsted Outstanding), Accrington and Rossendale College offer a fantastic benefits package including a generous occupational pension scheme and access to continued professional development.
The successful candidate will be teaching Functional Skills Maths as well as delivering enrichment and enhancement activities. You will be required to keep up to date, plan and prepare high quality teaching as required by the Head of Division whilst ensuring close liaison and good communications with other staff in matters concerning students.
Main duties include:
• Develop and share resources for the subject including maintaining effective links across College for resources
• Maintain comprehensive, up to date, student/subject records and provide information, as requested
• Regularly assess students in order to track and monitor progress
• Be responsible for the appropriate administration of exam entries for the subject and liaise with external awarding bodies, as appropriate
• Value and support students to achieve their full potential
• Effectively manage the behaviour of students
• Engage in curriculum development and planning activities, individually and as a team
The ideal candidate will have:
• Degree in a relevant subject area
• Recognised teaching qualification or a willingness to achieve this within three years of appointment
• A recognised IT qualification at level 1 or a willingness to achieve a recognised IT qualification at level 1 within 2 years of commencing the role (desirable)
• A higher degree or advanced qualification (desirable)
• Successful teaching experience in a relevant subject area (Functional Skills Maths)
• Knowledge of and proven ability to deliver the curriculum successfully and recent experience of successfully delivering Functional Skills Maths
How to apply:
If you are interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.