Part-time Hourly Paid Teacher – Functional Skills (English, Maths & ICT)
Salary: £23.36 per hour
Closing Date: Monday 18th February
Interview Date: TBC
Nelson and Colne College are looking for talented and student focused Part-time Hourly Paid Teachers to join their enthusiastic team! We are particularly looking for candidates who can deliver Functional Skills (English, Maths & ICT) across Lancashire, supporting our Work Based Learning and Apprenticeship provision.
Main duties include:
• Teach on a range of programmes delivering effective learning (Functional Skills – ICT, Maths & English)
• Plan and prepare high quality teaching and learning
• Develop and share resources for the course/subject
• Maintain comprehensive, up to date, records and provide information as requested using College systems to track and communicate student progress
• Ensure close liaison and good communications with colleagues
The ideal candidate will have:
• Degree in a relevant subject area or appropriate professional qualification
• Recognised teaching qualification (or a willingness to achieve one within the first 3 years of appointment)
• A higher degree or advanced qualification
• Successful teaching experience in a relevant subject area (Functional Skills – ICT, Maths & English)
• Knowledge of and proven ability to deliver the curriculum successfully
• Demonstrate a student centred approach to teaching and learning
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.