Previous experience: Experience of writing successful fundraising bids desirable
Join us at the start of something special in education
Big Education is a newly launched multi-academy trust that is bringing together some of the most innovative schools in the city. At Big Education, we have a vision for a bigger, more expansive education - an education fo head, heart and hand - where Ofsted and results are a minimum necessity, but not the goals of education.
In order to achieve our vision, we have have set ourselves three goals:
- To create great schools that exemplify new models and methods of schooling and give all children, particularly those from the most deprived backgrounds, the greatest chance of success.
- To develop innovative programmes. To have a wider impact on the system, we plan to develop and incubate innovative programmes just as we have with our oracy programme.
- To build a wider movement. Building on the energies, expertise and imagination of brilliant teachers, we want to be a catalyst for some fresh thinking in education.
We are now looking for an ambitious new member of staff who will be able to drive the fundraising effort needed to support the above work in our period of greatest growth.
This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic, meticulous and self-directed individual working in a new and exciting organisation.
As Fundraising Officer, you will be responsible for seeking opportunities and coordinating efforts to secure funding the for the trust’s work, including writing effective funding bids.
Working within a small and busy team, you will be comfortable using your initiative and excited about working with a wide variety of stakeholders from experienced philanthropists to new school alumni. You will be a skilled and persuasive writer, and take a meticulous approach to managing your time and projects.
You will thrive when working to ambitious targets, and be excited by the idea of propelling the growth of the trust over the next year. You will be competitive with yourself, motivated by the idea of reaching the high bar that you set for yourself.
A confident and persuasive communicator, you will write fundraising applications and publicity materials. As an ambassador for Big Education, you will represent the organisation at meetings and events.
You will show excellent attention to detail, especially when writing reports and bids, and coordinating events.
You will be adept at juggling competing priorities and understanding the needs and motivations of the diverse range of individuals and organisations engaged in our work.
- Working with the Director of Partnerships and Partnership Development Lead to create compelling written propositions to fund and launch new projects and programmes;
- Planning and management of fundraising events;
- Administrative duties, including diary management and data entry as required;
- Managing stakeholders;
- Gathering regular stakeholder feedback to help promote continuous improvement;
- Monitoring and reporting on project milestones and writing reports for funders;
- Servicing the fundraising committee (sub group of the MAT board), including organising the meeting schedule, preparing papers, taking minutes etc.
- Ensuring that interactions and activity with funders and potential funders are recorded accurately using our contact relationship management software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish effective working relations with internal and external colleagues and stakeholders;
- Strong written and verbal communication;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Good IT skills and a willingness to develop these;
- Outstanding organisation, prioritising and planning skills;
- Ability to work on your own initiative;
- Ability to work under pressure and to work to deadlines as required;
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and to think logically;
- Interest in the education sector and issues surrounding social mobility.
You will love this job if…
- You want to be part of a growing force for innovation in education;
- You are excited by the idea of having ambitious targets;
- You enjoy working with committed people in a friendly and purposeful environment;
- You have an exceptional attention to detail, and are a naturally organised person;
- You enjoy writing, especially to make a compelling argument;
- You are passionate about education and creating opportunities for young people!
How to apply
Please complete the online application form which can be found here.
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 24th September at midday.
Interviews to take place in the week commencing 1st October.