The Gardener will assist in the daily delivery of general grounds care and external area maintenance at Dean Close Schools, Cheltenham and associated nurseries. The role focuses more on the maintenance and development of the school’s gardens, but the person will also assist with maintenance of the grass and artificial sports pitches.
The role requires independent and team working in order to provide the following: gardens and grounds in good and safe condition; natural and artificial sports pitches to a high standard throughout the year; maintenance of the equipment necessary to deliver these services.
It is essential to recognise that providing the best possible educational environment in line with the ethos of the Dean Close Foundation is at the heart of this role.
This role is subject to DBS clearance and adherence to the school safeguarding and other policies.
• Assist with routine care of all designated gardens, grounds and external areas, ensuring tasks are conducted in a timely, efficient and effective manner
• Assist with the development and improvement of existing or new garden areas
• As required assist routine preparation and maintenance of a range of sports and amenity surfaces as detailed on work schedules
• Undertake preparatory and cultivation work to maintain safe, quality playing surfaces
• Set up amenity surfaces and sports pitches
• Undertake minor construction and landscaping work
• Ensure standards of work are maintained and tasks completed
• Ensure vehicles and equipment are regularly maintained in accordance with routine operating requirements
• Participate in performance appraisal reports as required
• Participate in continuous professional development, attending training courses as necessary in support of the role and responsibilities, and as agreed annually at appraisal
• Have a working knowledge of the Health and Safety regulations in the area of responsibility; Promote and adhere to safe working practices at all times
• Ensure that all tasks are carried out while wearing uniform and the correct PPE
• Support the efficient use of resources and make suggestions for improvement
• Any other duties which fall within the spirit of this job description, whether within the estates department or across the wider campus, and as directed by the Head of Grounds Care or Operations Bursar.
Full job description, person specification and terms and conditions can be viewed in the attached job description.
Dean Close Foundation reserves the right to update this Job Specification at any time.
How to Apply
Please use TES Quick Apply. Any queries regarding the role should be submitted to email@example.com
Applications will be considered as they are received, and the Foundation reserves the right to appoint at any time in the process.
Dean Close Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection and screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Dean Close Foundation
- English secondary schools