Based in 25 acres of beautiful grounds, Exeter School is an independent educational organisation for pupils aged 7 – 18. Our strong links to the local community, well-established pastoral care systems and fantastic teaching enable us to challenge, inspire and deliver the very best learning to our students.
We are looking for a Gardener/Groundsman to help maintain our school grounds.
- Salary of £21,000 - £23,000 per annum
- Overtime opportunities
- Pension (employer contribution of 8%, rising to 13% after five years)
- Free lunch during term time
- Develop your career with a successful school
- Help to create a fantastic learning environment for pupils
- 22 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays.
As a Gardener/Groundsman, you will help to maintain 25 acres of our school grounds.
Reporting to the Head Groundsman, your role will involve:
- Maintaining and cultivating lawns
- Operating grounds tractors, light machinery and plant
- Using cylinder and rotary mowers, strimmers, leaf blowers and hedge trimmers
- Helping to prepare sports facilities when required
- Occasionally providing evening and weekend cover for functions
To join us as our Gardener/Groundsman, you will need:
- Horticultural experience
- Good communication skills
- To be able to work as part of a team as well as on your own.
Please note, this is a physically demanding role.
Exeter School is an Equal Opportunities Employer.