Reporting to the DCF Maintenance Manager in providing an efficient, cost effective, customer orientated maintenance service. The successful candidate will become a member of the Estates Maintenance Services multi-skilled team, carrying out general building works above and below ground, reactive and refurbishment duties, working flexibly using cross-trade practices to the Foundations’ buildings and associated properties.
It is essential to recognise that providing the best possible educational environment which complements the ethos of the school is at the heart of this important role, and therefore a flexible, diplomatic approach when liaising with academic and residential staff is important. Care should always be taken to avoid unannounced intrusions of public and private space.
Particular care must be paid to safeguarding requirements when working around children.
Knowledge and Experience
• Experience of working on new and old buildings, including listed buildings.
• Ability to work at height using Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP’s), scaffolding and ladders
• New brickwork, alterations and repairs to existing.
• Stone wall, alterations and repairs to existing listed structures using lime mortar and other approved building materials.
• Drainage laying and repairs.
• Plastering to include hard wall, renovation and plaster board
• Carry out building work utilising a full range of skills including new brickwork, repairs and alterations to existing stone and brickwork, walling, pointing, drainage, roof slating, built-up felt, wall tiling and simple joinery tasks.
• Carry out general plastering duties to include hard-wall, renovation and plaster board.
• Use of power tools, drainage equipment, access equipment and assembly of scaffolding.
• Compliance with safety regulations and good practice as directed.
• Work flexibly in a multi-skilled capacity across trades within your personal skill base.
• Ability to produce high quality work within a given timescale.
• Ability to source and quote for own materials to prevent delay in completing tasks
• Any other duties as may reasonably be required
• Ensure that the highest standards of professional performance are maintained
• Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and statutory codes of practice, as advised
• Participate in the arrangements for performance review
• Ensure that professional skills are regularly updated through participation in training and Development activities
• Ensure all School policies are implemented within the remit of this post
Full job description, person specification and terms and conditions can be viewed in the attached job description.
Dean Close Foundation reserves the right to update this Job Specification at any time.
How to Apply
Please use TES Quick Apply. Any queries regarding the role should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered as they are received, and the Foundation reserves the right to appoint at any time in the process.
Dean Close Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection and screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Dean Close Foundation
- English secondary schools