Required: Post Easter 2018
Pleckgate High School is celebrating another rapid increase in the progress made by students, with an impressive Progress 8 score of +0.4 placing us in the top 18% of schools nationally. An impressive 52% of students achieved at least a grade 5 in maths and English, significantly above national average. Our students achieved 28 grade 9’s across these two subjects, demonstrating success at the very highest level.
Pleckgate is committed to developing the potential of every student and our ethos revolves around our school motto: Aspire and Believe. Act and Succeed. We have strong and supportive relationships ensuring our expectations and visions are shared with parents, students and staff. Pleckgate High School is on a journey to Outstanding and we are now looking for a talented individual to be a crucial part in the future of the department.
We are looking to appoint a hardworking, enthusiastic and committed Geography Teacher who is able to teach geography at KS3 & KS4. A willingness to teach History at KS3 & KS4 is also desirable but not essential. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to enhanced DBS clearance.
We can offer you:
- An established popular option subject within a supportive Humanities team.
- A well-established programme of extra-curricular Humanities activities which engage and motivate students.
- A supportive environment with high quality CPD opportunities.
- An ICT rich environment where all pupils have mini iPads and all teachers are provided with a mac book and iPad.
- A culturally and socially diverse student intake that behave well and are keen to learn.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A well-qualified Geographer to degree level.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the teaching and learning of Geography and humanities.
- Committed to outstanding teaching and learning practices.
- Able to think creatively with an excellent understanding of developments in education and Geography specifically the new 9-1 GCSE syllabus.
- Able to engage, motivate and inspire students.
- Enthusiastic and visionary with regard to curriculum implementation and extra-curricular opportunities.
- A successful practitioner with a track record of high expectations and successful outcomes.
- Committed to their professional development.
An Application form and further details for this post are available from the school website
Closing Date: Monday 19th February 2018
Interviews: to be arranged
Further enquiries to Mrs R O’Neill, PA to the Headteacher.