We are looking for a Geography Teacher (maternity cover) in a school that offers excellent opportunities for professional development. William Perkin Church of England High School (Ofsted ‘Outstanding’) is one of four Twyford Trust schools, a successful multi-academy Trust based in the Borough of Ealing. We offer comprehensive CPD, exciting development opportunities and good promotion prospects for our teachers.
The main purpose of this teaching role is to achieve outstanding examination results for all classes taught, to lead an outstanding tutor group within a pastoral year team and to promote the school’s ethos and vision through, for example, active engagement with the school’s house system.
This is an exciting role for enthusiastic teachers as we prepare our students for GCSE and beyond. The successful applicant will be joining an innovative and energetic staff group that seeks to deliver an outstanding curriculum, and will be well supported by an experienced Senior Leadership Team. They will be a strong classroom practitioner with a commitment to achieving the highest standards both academically and in terms of the learning habits and personal dispositions of our students.
For an informal discussion about this position or to arrange a visit please contact the HR/Recruitment team at email@example.com
- Exceptional professional development and career progression
- Positive working relationships at all levels
- A supportive Leadership Team
- A full-range of Trust services providing support and development.
The successful candidate will have:
- A good degree and Qualified Teacher Status
- Ability to teach English to at least KS4
- Knowledge of the requirements of the National Curriculum
- An understanding of recent curriculum / learning developments
- An understanding of the strategies required to motivate and enthuse all students across the ability range as part of a whole school approach to raising achievement
- An understanding of the processes and techniques required to assess, record and report students’ learning effectively
- Ability to be reflective and driven towards self-improvement
- Energy and enthusiasm
- A commitment to the ethos of the school.
For more information about the school please visit the Twyford Trust and William Perkin websites. For more information about the role please see the Job Description on the Twyford Trust website at: http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies
Closing date: Noon on Thursday 13 May 2021
Interview date: week commencing Monday 17 May 2021
How to apply
Please visit the Vacancies page of the Twyford Trust website to download a job description and an application form: http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies
Applications must be submitted to HR/Recruitment at Twyford School by the closing date and time above. They can be posted to Twyford Church of England Academies Trust, c/o Twyford Church of England School, Twyford Crescent, Acton, London W3 9PP or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not submit applications by fax.
The Twyford Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo the child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and references from previous employers. For more information about the DBS please see https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
The post-holder will also be expected to read and adhere to the Trust’s Child Protection Policy, and any other Safeguarding documents stated within this.
William Perkin CofE High School
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years