The Tiffin Girls’ School is one of the country’s leading and highest achieving schools, where a ‘love of learning’ is evident in every student interaction. Whilst it is renowned for its academic excellence, there is a keen focus on providing a nurturing environment enabling students to flourish and contribute to society in their time here.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and committed Teacher of Geography, who has the knowledge and love of their subject to inspire some of the country’s very brightest students. In Geography, we understand the importance of gaining a deeper understanding of different people, places and environments so that we may better understand the processes which shape our lives and how these may change over time.
Geography is taught as a separate subject throughout Key Stage 3 and is a popular choice at GCSE with over half the year group choosing it as an option. We also run two A Level classes and consistently achieve outstanding results.
This post would suit a well-qualified new entrant to the profession, or someone who wants to broaden his/her experiences in an exciting, collaborative and high achieving context. The ability to teach a second Humanities subject would be an advantage.
We can offer:
- the opportunity to join a highly successful Geography department with a wide range of experience and expertise
- a stimulating and creative environment in a school where extra-curricular activities flourish and teachers are encouraged to introduce new and innovative activities
- a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
- a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively promoted
- a two week October half term
- numerous other benefits (please see our attached information pack)
To be successful, you will:
- be confident in teaching Geography across all key stages and ideally be able to teach a second Humanities subject
- be an excellent classroom practitioner who is prepared to be innovative in their teaching
- have the ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and parents
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further details about our school and the role, please visit www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form which is also available on our website, or contact the school office. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 25 March 2019
Interview date: Thursday 28 March 2019
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.