Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced Geography Teacher to join an “outstanding” independent school in Westminster. This full time Geography Teacher position is available for a January 2018 start and will be contracted through to the end of the current academic year. This Geography Teacher vacancy is full time maternity cover, however for the right candidate this could be extended.
About the Role
· Geography Teacher
· Maternity cover
· Teaching KS3 up to KS5
· Potential to continue as permanent
· Salary up to £40,000 (dependent on experience)
About the School
· “Outstanding” independent school
· Passionate Geography department
· Extends student learning outside the classroom with trips abroad
· Geography is a popular subject across all key stages and has a high take up for GCSE and A level
· Easy to access using multiple routes using public transport
In order to be considered for this role, the successful Geography Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· A PGCE qualification or equivalent
· Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum one term)
· Have strong behaviour management skills
· Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number IXK17355.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.