The International School of Moscow (ISM) seeks a well-qualified and experienced teacher of Geography.
The successful candidate will possess a dynamic and creative approach to teaching, have experience of teaching Geography to A Level standard, have the necessary skills and vision to enhance teaching and learning within the department and demonstrate a commitment to incorporating ICT into lessons. She / He will join an existing team of high quality Humanities specialists in the development of our Secondary School Geography curriculum.
Candidates should possess a commitment to helping students achieve their absolute best as part of a team and a willingness to contribute to the busy extra-curricular life of our school.
All of our teachers enjoy small class sizes, with a maximum of 22 students. We are an Apple Mac-orientated school and utilise Promethean IWBs throughout our classes. Our intention is to integrate mobile technology into all classrooms. All candidates should be confident and enthusiastic users of ICT.
If the opportunity to work in a thriving school in a culturally-rich and dynamic city excites you, we look forward to your application.
We are seeking a professional who:
- Is UK-trained or has relevant UK curriculum experience.
- Enjoys a professionally-stimulating environment.
- Can promote a well organised and stimulating learning environment.
- Can offer enthusiasm and demonstrate a positive approach to students.
- Is committed to constant improvement of an already vibrant curriculum.
- Has good interpersonal skills and works well in teams.
- Possesses excellent IT skills and an interest in embedding ICT into the daily classroom experience.
- Is reflective and seeks to develop his / her classroom practice.
- Understands the value of consistent application of school policies.
We will provide:
- An excellent salary and retention bonus.
- High-standard accommodation with an option of housing allowance (if preferred) in subsequent years.
- Annual travel allowance.
- International worldwide medical cover.
- Two full school scholarships covering tuition costs of children attending ISM.
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development.
- A professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment.
- The chance to live and work in a culturally-diverse context.
- Opportunities for promotion and development within Nord Anglia Education.
Applications should be submitted via the link below.
ISM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening. This will involve us checking with current / past employers and seeking references from them. You will also be required to provide us with an Enhanced DBS.
Nord Anglia Education is the world’s leading premium schools organisation, with campuses located across 28 countries around the world. Together, our 61 schools educate more than 61,000 students from kindergarten through to the end of secondary / high school. We are driven by one unifying philosophy: we are ambitious for our schools, students, teachers, staff and communities, and we inspire every child who attends a Nord Anglia Education school to achieve more than they ever imagined possible.