Applications are invited for Gifted and Talented Coordinator teaching for Independent school located in the Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs. It is a coeducational school that caters for Pre-School to Year 12. It has built a reputation for its very strong academic, as well as music, drama, debating, chess and sporting program. The school continually enhances their learning and recreational facilities, proving students with outstanding opportunities to grow and develop their unique skills and talents and to achieve success while contributing actively to the life of the school.
About the Role:
• Full time, Permanent role commencing Term 1, 2020
• Focus on enhancing the teaching and learning practices for gifted and talented students across Years 7-12
• Support students through enrichment and extension opportunities across the curriculum, including early access to tertiary programs and accelerated study patterns in a range of subject areas
• Oversee our extensive extra-curricular enrichment program, which includes participation in Tournament of the Minds, Model UN Conferences, Philosothon, and the da Vinci Decathlon
Benefits of Registering with Smart Teachers:
• Completely free service
• Gain access to exclusively listed positions
• Full disclosure on the role before your application goes to a school
• Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more!
• Applicants must have experience leading the development and implementation of effective teaching strategies catering for high potential learners and, be an innovator with the capacity to support and mentor colleagues towards continuous improvement in their teaching practices
• Applicants must have significant experience as a gifted education specialist teacher in NSW
• Provide a minimum of three professional references
• Be registered or have the ability to be registered with New South Wales Education Standards Authority (NESA) and hold a NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC)
• Have the right to work in Australia
Please reply to express interest. Due to time constraints, only short listed applicants will be contacted with more information.
Fast track your application:
• If you are in Australia or New Zealand, email your CV to Sandy, quoting job reference #WEB1909-539336SL– firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you are currently overseas, email your CV to Monet quoting job reference #WEB1909-539336MH – email@example.com
• To join our global education community, Click Apply now and you will also receive free access to the world’s largest education jobs database, curriculum resources, career support and much more!
If you’re not keen on this great job but know someone who is, just have them contact us and mention your name; this will ensure if they secure the job you will receive a $250.00 gift card as per our referral scheme (T&Cs apply).