Governance Co-Ordinator Priory/TPS/Liphook
£16-£20 per hour, 135 hours across the year
Term time only
Bohunt Education Trust and member schools of Bohunt School Liphook, TPS and The Priory School wish to appoint a highly organised, self-motivated and personable area Governance Co-Ordinator to join the Trust and its member schools above as soon as possible.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our governance team, which will include access to regular team meetings and training. Successful candidates will have excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills, and be able to work independently and organise their own time whilst working to strict deadlines. Because of the nature of this role, discretion and confidentiality are vital. You will:
• line manage Governance Clerks to the Local Governing Bodies in your area (around one formal line management meeting per half term).
• Support the provision of expert guidance and advice to the LGBs in your area either directly or indirectly; with respect to procedures, compliance, and best practice as a Local Governing Body of Bohunt Education Trust.
• Proactively contribute to the effective governance of Bohunt Education Trust as a whole through additional tasks as directed depending on capacity.
The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues but will also be required to work with minimum supervision. Good computer and Microsoft software package skills and a willingness to become confident with Google drive are essential, as is the ability to work and communicate with a variety of stakeholders. You may have had previous governance experience as a school clerk and would be or would become a BET Governance Clerk. Previous governance experience in any capacity is desirable but not essential. You should also be interested in education and committed to the best interests of young people, as well as being able to deal with matters tactfully and confidentially. Hours will mostly be worked during term time but can be undertaken entirely remotely.
If you feel you could contribute to the Trust’s success, please read the job description for further details and complete the support staff application form. If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Raine Ryland, Director of Governance on 01428 724324 (ext 316).
Please read the job description and complete the BET support staff application form. Please send your completed application form to email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 20 September 2021 12 noon
Interview date: TBC
Start date: ASAP
Bohunt School Liphook
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Bohunt School is a mixed 11-18 School and Sixth Form with more than 1800 students on roll. We are the state school of choice for the local area and draw students from the surrounding region, including the counties of Surrey and West Sussex.