Part time- minimum 3 days a week
(Flexible and some remote working)
Required from January 2022 or sooner
Odyssey Trust for Education is looking for an experienced Governance Professional to join the Executive Leadership Team from January 2022.
The Odyssey Trust
The Odyssey Trust was formed in September 2018, bringing together Townley Grammar School and King Henry School in an innovative and unique Multi Academy Trust to widen access and opportunities for a diverse range of students.
Odyssey Trust plays a number of roles in the life of each of its schools, setting direction and working with the leadership team to ensure that each school provides the best learning environment for its students. Odyssey Trust is responsible for fostering progress in all areas of the schools' operation, promoting value for money and good use of public funds, whilst championing the schools in the wider community.
Purpose of role
The post holder will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of governance effectiveness and compliance within the trust, ensuring governance adheres to good practice and meets all statutory and regulatory requirements. This will be achieved by:
· Supporting the efficient and effective operation of the trust board and its committees
· Ensuring governance at all levels is carrying out its functions
· Leading on development of the trust’s governance framework and driving improvements to its systems, processes and structures
· Managing and coordinating the delivery and ongoing improvement of governance support across the trust.
· Clerking and governance advice to the two Local Governing Bodies as well as the Trustees Board meetings, the two Trust Committees and the Members AGM.
· Co-ordinating panel hearings in each school and the Trust in accordance with policy.
· Act as Company Secretary.
· Keen to develop, implement and monitor governance policy and practice to ensure we meet all statutory and compliance requirements
· Able to constructively challenge senior leaders to ensure that compliance remains a key priority.
· Someone with a demonstrable track record of providing compliance advice
· Aware of the particular matters which may affect academy trusts and able to negotiate these effectively.
· A positive and dynamic environment in a trust which is growing in both size and success
· Excellent opportunities for CPD across the trust
· Competitive salary
· Support from experienced and knowledgeable colleagues across the Trust
· Enthusiastic, approachable and dedicated colleagues
· Attractive pension scheme
Please address your application to the Chair of Trustees
Closing Date for Applications: 27th September 2021 at 12 noon
Interviews will take place soon after
Salary: Bex 9 £28,992-£31,557 FTE per annum (pro-rata)
Please note that early applications are encouraged as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
The school is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and
promoting the welfare of children and young people.
The Trust operates a no smoking policy.
Townley Grammar School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years